• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pulled over for overtaking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled over for overtaking

Hi again,
    Early in the morning,I was pulled over by overtaking in a 40mile/h zone.,
    He said it's illegal,
    I was overtaking someone who was doing 30,and I was doing 40-42m/h tops,
    He said I'll be summoned to court and all that,
    Now I would like to know if is it gonna be a fine and point for this?!,
    Thanks,
    Cip
    Tags: None

Re: Pulled over for overtaking

Were you pulled over for the speed, or was it in an unsafe place ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi and welcome.

Overtaking in itself is not an offence.
      Of course whilst overtaking you may have breached other regulations eg crossed double white lines, entered hatched area etc etc.
      As apparently you only received a verbal NiP, I think you will have to await the summons to find out what the charge will be, and the likely outcome.

Crossed with Amehyst (memo to self: must stop eating breakfast whilst responding)

Comment

Hi,
        I was on my way to work and there is a stretch of the road before Redhil with 40m/h speed limit and there was a car in front of me doing 30,so I overtaking him and few seconds after the private police car pull me over,
        It's in safe place this road,not a house or anything and early 5 in the morning,
        So the officer took my details and he said I'll receive a letter in the next 6months which I'll be summon to court to explain why I overtake on 40m/h single carriageway which is illegal he told me
        Thanks

Comment

Hi,
          That's the reason what I find it weird,
          He said to me that it is illegal to overtake on a 40m/h speed limit...I know it it not illegal while you don't break other rules
          I'm 100% that it is discontinued lines on the road,
          I'll double check today while I'm driving back home from work
          I know exactly the place where I did overtake this morning,
          Thanks

Comment

Could check on Google street view? ( well better for you to check when you drive along the road later, but for us, well, Des, it might be useful to id which road on google streetview )
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Private police car? Do you mean unmarked?

6 months to wait for a summons, seems wrong to me

Comment

Yes,unmarked police car
                And yes he said within next 6months I'll receive a ketter

- - - Updated - - -

Letter...sorry...

Comment

Wait for the Letter until then check the stretch of road its likely the Copper was right to give you a NIP no reason for him to make an offence up.

Comment

I take the same route everyday so back home today I'll have a look cause I know exactly the stretch where I over take,
                    Don't they have anything better to do this guys then to hunt us that early in the morning while drivin to work??!!..😁,
                    Is it gonna be just a fine or points as well,I wonder....

Comment

If you have committed an offence that means they are doing there job making the roads safer you still need to wait and see what happens it may not happen not all NIPS turn y=to a prosecution Policemen do have some discretion.

Comment

Roads safer...yes...but when not even the foxes walk around the road I think it's a bit overreacting...I wasn't speeding...just overtak a very slow driver when no one is on the road that time in the morning...and 6 months??!!...I should receive if anything within 14 days...?,or not?

Comment

The "six months" is the time plod has in which to lay information before the courts.

I would not be surprised to find IF you receive a summons, it will be for a speeding offence.

Comment

But I was doing 40-42 max...
                            As I said I'll check the road today to see if I missed something when overtaking...like marking that you can not overtake...but less likely...

Comment

If you feel you are wronged if a summons comes through fight it in court the time of day does not affect any offence it does not matter if you drove the M1 at 3am at 120 mph its still an offence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X