• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lowell closed account but what about default???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowell closed account but what about default???

hi everyone I,m looking for abit of advice plz.
    ive found you guys so helpful on so many occasions but need your help again lol. Lowell have been chasing me for an old provident debt so last week I sent a prove it letter and today received this

Your account is now closed
    we have today reviewed your overdue account.
    we have discovered that section 5 of the limitation avt 1980 now applies to your account ( this relates to the amount of time passing between now and the time you incurred the debt) and we wil no longer be asking you for payment.
    we will not send you any more letters and we have now closed your account with Lowell

FANTASTIC but just wondered what section 5 ment and if they can no longer chase it can I get it removed from my credit file. thanks for any advice given xxx
    Tags: None

Re: lowell closed account but what about default???

Well that's jolly decent of them isn't it.

If it is statute barred ( sec 5 just means 6 years from last payment/acknowledgement) it should already have fallen off your file ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thanks amethyst ill have a look in a sec. thanks for your reply.
      can they sell this debt on to someone else now?
      and am I right in thinking that a ccj cant b put againt me because its over the 6 years. xx

Comment

When is the date of the default? Especially in relation to the date this became statute barred in your estimation?

A default can in some cases legitimately be a fair time after the cause of action (start of 6 years statute barred clock), so in those cases a default may persist on file for quite a few months after it's legally statute barred.

Comment

Hi nibbler. Luckily I wrote all my defaults down as I have a few dropping off this year and just checked and this one has infact dropped off. The default date was 01/02/2010. Hope that helps

Comment

Great. All clear then.

Comment

Perfect. Maybe they just couldn't be arsed to argue the point with it. They could sell it on but it's unlikely and no one will be able to bring court action now it's admitted as time barred.... so I reckon put this one out of your mind now
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yaaaay lol just wait for the next one to claim it I guess

Comment

A Lowell Solicitors account shows closed on my credit score, can they reopen it?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X