• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New car problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New car problems

Apparently they issued a 'software update' at the end of November 2015 to fix this problem on a Renault Clio... but it didn't work...

I'd get a different car... one that doesn't have all this plug in software malarky stuff I can't get my head around ( but that's just me being a stick in the mud )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst - I think you are right, I think I have been more than willing to let the dealer sort out the problem and at the end of the day it is not running how it should and I have it for the next 4 years.

I bought my last car and always had it serviced by them and had no issues, but I guess you only find out what a company is really like when you have a problem. Certainly will not be using them again.

Ostell- 100% agree with you, I doubt that the software update is going to fix the lights.

I drove the car yesterday and the radio reset itself 3 times on a 15 mile journey.

Comment

When you say the radio reset itself, what do you mean?

Did it retune itself, lose all the preset stations, turn off..........?
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Tools: it simply turns off for a few seconds and turns back on exactly how it was before.

Comment

It does sound like a software issue then

Sadly (or not) modern vehicle systems are controlled via a series of ECU's, i.e one for the engine, braking, lighting, entertainment, etc etc.

All these systems are interlinked by what is called a CANBUS system where they communicate data between each other. These ECU's (mini computers if you like) rely on being programmed with specific software to react when they receive a signal or trigger on an event.

Basically it boils down to your car isn't operating as it should and is therefore, not as described or fit for purpose.

As mentioned before, things such as mandatory lights (even the main beam tell tale) are required by law.

Again as advised before by many, reject the car and either ask for a repair, replacement, refund.

If you/they would prefer a repair, insist they supply you with a courtesy car of a similar or higher spec and leave your car with them until it is repaired fully.
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X