• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New car problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car problems

Hi all,

I am hoping I might be able to get some advice or help on my new car that I purchased on a pcp.

I collected my new car on the 17th December 2015, on driving home the tyre pressure warning light came on and I was advised to bring the car back. I returned the car the next day, had the problem fixed and went to collect the car driving home again I had an engine management light come on the dashboard, back to the dealer I went. Few days later I got the car back after haveing a new sensor fitted.

For the next few days the car seemed to be running ok, however on 20th January 2016 I had several electrical issues, radio resetting itself and the main beams and fog lights decided to give up on me. I returned the car again to the dealer and have now been told I need to wait for the next software update to solve this problem.

I have since made a complaint direct to Renault, but wanted to know if I have any rights or options as I don't seem to be getting anywhere I am now driving a brand new car with no main beams and a radio that randomly turns itself off.

On purchase I was also told the car should have illuminated door sills which turns out are not fitted.

Sorry for the long post but any pointers would be a very big help!
    Tags: None

Re: New car problems

Return the car to the dealer together with a letter saying that you are rejecting the car because of the constant failures and want a full refund of any moneys paid. The car should not be on the road as it has defective lights. Hope you have the use of another vehicle for the time being. They won't like it, they will complain like hell but it's up to you.

Comment

And to add to that you can also say that the vehicle did not match the model seen and entitled you to reject the goods.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
        And to add to that you can also say that the vehicle did not match the model seen and entitled you to reject the goods.
        Thank for your reply.

I have just had an update from the sales guy regarding the illuminated door sills he says "the illuminated doors sills are not actually included in the luxe pack and it is a mistake in the brochure and given he sorted me out such a good discount it shouldnt make much difference to me"

I have been pretty calm and polite up until this point, but this has got my blood boiling!

Unfortunately, I need the car for work and do not have access to another vehicle. I cannot help but feel I have no other choice but to keep pestering the dealer and hope the software update fixes the issues.

Comment

Would it not be quicker to reject the car and get another one than wait for an update and not have a car in the meantime?
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi, can't they give u a replacement car which matches yours untill they get u a new car or correct all faults. That's wot mercedes did for me,& it was for a used car I bought not brand new. Even if u buy a Mercedes used car from dealers they give you a brand new same model as replacement car untill everything is OK with ur car. So basically u have to go back n give ur car back & demand for a new or replacement car, I think. And claim losses as well.

Comment

I did have a courtesy car arranged by Renault direct after I made the complaint. Once they discovered the problem (apparently) is a software update and due at the end of this month I was told to collect the car.

Comment

So you telling us that the garage are asking you to continue using a car that is not roadworthy? (Lights)

Comment

the foglights and main beams do not work how they should. the normal headlights do work.

Comment

Main beam would be a requirment of an MOT. You can't just drive on dipped all the time, which is what I presume you mean by normal headlights.

Comment

When I say main beams I mean the blue light that shows on the dashboard.

Comment

AHH the tell tale light not working.
                        That also an MOT failure in vehicles built after 1986!!
                        (hardly unroadworthy though lol)

Comment

I have just come across MotorCodes.co.uk who have a consumer advice line. I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they suggest I do.

Comment

Motor codes ... ( was just checking who they were )

Motor Codes is the government-backed, self-regulatory body for the motor industry. Its voluntary membership of thousands of garages is committed to maintaining high standards covering new cars, the administration of new car warranties and car service and repair. So, whether you're buying a new car or need a car service or repair job carrying out, use our garage finder to locate local businesses that are committed to the Chartered Trading Standards Institute-approved codes of practice.
                            Let us know what they come back with.

Personally I'd agree you should reject the car - it's not working as it should AND you were missold it as it doesn't have the illuminated door sills which were specified when you made the decision to purchase.

I have just had an update from the sales guy regarding the illuminated door sills he says "the illuminated doors sills are not actually included in the luxe pack and it is a mistake in the brochure and given he sorted me out such a good discount it shouldnt make much difference to me"
                            - and don't buy your next car off the same company.

Originally posted by ostell
                            Return the car to the dealer together with a letter saying that you are rejecting the car because of the constant failures and want a full refund of any moneys paid.
                            Originally posted by R0B

Would it not be quicker to reject the car and get another one than wait for an update and not have a car in the meantime?
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Why am I suspicious about a software update solving problems with a tell tale light?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X