• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Challenge For DCAs: Are They A Higher Authority Than The Crown?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Challenge For DCAs: Are They A Higher Authority Than The Crown?

Hello, I know it's been a long time since I posted but I thought I'd post this, as something I did recently seems to have worked.

I've been trying to find the actual letter I wrote but I can't find it so I don't know the exact date and I don't know the DCA, but I do know that I haven't heard a dicky-bird from that particular DCA since the time I wrote to them.

The gist of what I wrote was that they should not be pursuing me for a debt which has already been written off by the OL (the debt itself was over 6 years old so would have been written off as a tax loss years before, unless the OL's financial procedures were completely inefficient). HMRC would therefore recognise that the debt had been written off and therefore no longer existed.

Yet this DCA, who had bought the debt from ANOTHER DCA (presumably for about 3 or 4 pence on the pound by now) was still pursuing me for the total sum when it no longer existed!

Therefore, you (I told the DCA), by insisting that the debt still exists, seem to think that you are a higher authority that the Crown itself. Would you care to comment on this?

As I said, the silence from these spivs has been golden. Perhaps a test case is in order? Do DCAs really think they are a higher authority than the Crown? Just asking ....
    Tags: None

Re: New Challenge For DCAs: Are They A Higher Authority Than The Crown?

I do not know a thing about the legal challenge here but as I said in my PM:
    This is one of my biggest arguments! I honestly believe that OL’s selling on debts for a pittance (often less than the offer to settle made by the debtor; i.e. you and I) is cheating the tax payer as well as the shareholder which are now often one and the same especially if the OL is one of those banks bailed out by the beleaguered taxpayer.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Re: New Challenge For DCAs: Are They A Higher Authority Than The Crown?

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
      I do not know a thing about the legal challenge here but as I said in my PM:
      This is one of my biggest arguments! I honestly believe that OL’s selling on debts for a pittance (often less than the offer to settle made by the debtor; i.e. you and I) is cheating the tax payer as well as the shareholder which are now often one and the same especially if the OL is one of those banks bailed out by the beleaguered taxpayer.
      Yes, and I totally agree with you. Contract or commercial law was never intended to burden debtors this way as it is simply a breach of natural justice. Contract should mean fair consideration...ie fair price, which would stop these companies from being able to purchase them in mass.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X