• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link Financial took over and my debt increased!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Financial took over and my debt increased!

In 2015 Link Financial took over my debt from Robinson Way. I know I have paid off my debt. I have sent Link Financial a list of dates and amounts paid since 2014 (along with a letter from Robinson Way showing the original sum owed) as proof nothing further is owed.
    Straightforward as I've never missed a month's payment yet Link say I still owe £10.

I asked Link to tell me which monthly payment I'd missed out of the list of payment dates I gave them. Link have not replied but I will not pay them the £10 as I know it is not owed.
    Not sure what else to do or who else I can complain to.
    Worried in case one day they spring on me saying if I don't pay the £10 they will take further action and add costs.
    What do I need to do ? :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

PS Have used Link Financial online form twice to complain as unlike phone this enables me to date and copy the evidence sent them.
    Tags: None

Re: Link Financial took over and my debt increased!

Originally posted by Sedburgh View Post
    In 2015 Link Financial took over my debt from Robinson Way. I know I have paid off my debt. I have sent Link Financial a list of dates and amounts paid since 2014 (along with a letter from Robinson Way showing the original sum owed) as proof nothing further is owed.
    Straightforward as I've never missed a month's payment yet Link say I still owe £10.

I asked Link to tell me which monthly payment I'd missed out of the list of payment dates I gave them. Link have not replied but I will not pay them the £10 as I know it is not owed.
    Not sure what else to do or who else I can complain to.
    Worried in case one day they spring on me saying if I don't pay the £10 they will take further action and add costs.
    What do I need to do ? :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

PS Have used Link Financial online form twice to complain as unlike phone this enables me to date and copy the evidence sent them.
    A Formal Complaint to Link which requires them to fully investigate and respond to the complaint within 56 days, if the response is unsatisfactory
    you can make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, but what they will make of a complaint re £10 I really don't know.

nem

Comment

£10 Quite! Reluctant to bear the cost of recorded delivery letter so will try formal complaint using Link online form. Any suggestions on how to word that?

Comment

Thanks for helping Nem,
        Draft letter on notepad and pasted to LinkFinancial online form. Link responded 1 Feb with complaint acknowledgement letter & copy of complaints procedure plus usual rights of complainee to take matter to ombudsman after 8 weeks if unresolved.
        I have already sent Link a list which is continuous with every month accounted for.
        Presuming onus is on Link to prove I missed a payment and to state which month.
        Otherwise it may cost more than a tenner for bank paperwork!

PS 'Tis of note that Link were originally chasing me for £20 but that mysteriously reduced to £10 by the time of my first post on this forum. So good chance the other £10 will vanish too. Will then be left with whether this is their "error" or the previous recovery firm! My advice is to watch firms like this don't try it on!
        Last edited by Sedburgh; 4th February 2016, 21:46:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X