• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please Help - not sure what to do next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Please Help - not sure what to do next

Ive checked out the short cuts and I am confused

""You may receive a response from the claimants disputing your rights to request these documents, usually because your claim would likely be allocated to the small claims track (where, once allocated, CPR 31.14 would not apply)

You can respond to this letter reminding the claimant the claim has not yet been allocated to any track;""

My case was allocated to small claims track/ mediation

Not sure if I should still write to sols asking for CPR...

This is really mind boggling and weighing me down today.... I could cry . I hate to come across as a dim wit but not sure what to do in light of seeing the above on the short cut page.

Arrrghhh please help

Pancho x

Comment

Check your dates || First Steps || Templates || Defence Example || CCA Request || CPR 31.14 Request || Set Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Pancho79 View Post
        Ive checked out the short cuts and I am confused

""You may receive a response from the claimants disputing your rights to request these documents, usually because your claim would likely be allocated to the small claims track (where, once allocated, CPR 31.14 would not apply)

You can respond to this letter reminding the claimant the claim has not yet been allocated to any track;""

My case was allocated to small claims track/ mediation

Not sure if I should still write to sols asking for CPR...

This is really mind boggling and weighing me down today.... I could cry . I hate to come across as a dim wit but not sure what to do in light of seeing the above on the short cut page.

Arrrghhh please help

Pancho x
        You just use their non compliance in defence Pancho, don't do anything more now, wait for the directions from your local court!

nem

Comment

so I don't need dates or anything?
          Do I not need to write to any solicitors or anything.... I feel like such a plonker for getting worked up and not knowing....
          Pancho x

- - - Updated - - -

PS Ive wrote dates... I think Ill post them anyway and it might help others reading this thread with a timeline of sorts....

Hello

Dates as follows –

· Letter from court 7th Jan 16
          · Letter to Hoist 13th Jan requesting CPR
          · Letter and £1 postal order to Solicitors for CCA 13th Jan
          · Letter from Robinson Way dated 19th Jan acknowledging my “query”
          · Defence sent to court 3rd Feb
          · Letter from court acknowledging defence dated 4th Feb
          · Letter dated 18th Feb from H Cohen Sols acknowledging my request for CPR (I did not actually get this letter a good while after it was dated) Quote – “ Acknowledge receipt of letter for CPR currently retrieving documents requested. Take this letter as general extension of time. Once we have provided you with documents grant you 14 days to respond to claim as you feel appropriate”
          · 7th March letter from court notice of allocation to small claims track
          · Letter from court N180 form (I stupidly forgot to date this but I feel it was around same time as 7th March letter above)
          · Letter from H Cohen dated 23rd March with copy of their attached N180
          · Finally Letter from Court dated 19th April regarding small claims mediation appointment.

Comment

No Mention of receipt of any documents being supplied in reply to CCA/CPR I presume that nothing has been supplied?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
              No Mention of receipt of any documents being supplied in reply to CCA/CPR I presume that nothing has been supplied?

nem

No Ive had nothing

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

No Ive had nothing
                  Then the ball is firmly in their court Pancho!!

nem

Comment

Good Morning Nem
                    I must say it never ceases to amaze me just how great this site is and I can never thankyou guys enough for all your help.. and reassurances.

So Nem do I just sit back and wait for my local court to get in touch?

Panchox

Comment

Good Morning Nem
                      I must say it never ceases to amaze me just how great this site is and I can never thankyou guys enough for all your help.. and reassurances.

So Nem do I just sit back and wait for my local court to get in touch?

Panchox
                      Yep it's all you can do at this stage, the next task will be a Witness Statement to pay up your defence, this is really your story of the events that have resulted in the claim being issued, we can lead you through this as well.

nem

Comment

Ok thankyou. I shall post when I hear back from the "other side"

In meantime have a good weekend and enjoy the sunshine..

Once again THANKYOU xx

Comment

Ok thankyou. I shall post when I hear back from the "other side"

In meantime have a good weekend and enjoy the sunshine..

Once again THANKYOU xx
                          You to Pancho!!

nem

Comment

Good morning Guys

Oh why is it when you are rushing things take twice as long

Anyway work in 5 and I just realised that I think I have cocked up

As you kknow I had a mediation phonecall booked for 11th MAy

It never took place as I had to let them know that I had not got everything I needed (paperwork from other side cpr 31 14 etc etc )

Anyway just getting ready and it dawned on me that I think the lady at the court mediation said I should tell the solicitors for Hoist Portfolio that the mediation etc is not taking place....

My worry/question is this - I did not do it - I forgot.

Should I write to them (sols) later and let them know mediation did not take place and should I offer them the reasons why... no cpr etc etc?

Or should I just leave it now...

Rushing and confused worried about my cock up....

Sorry for typos... work now, As always advice etc appreciated

Pancho x

Comment

Good morning Guys

Oh why is it when you are rushing things take twice as long

Anyway work in 5 and I just realised that I think I have cocked up

As you kknow I had a mediation phonecall booked for 11th MAy

It never took place as I had to let them know that I had not got everything I needed (paperwork from other side cpr 31 14 etc etc )

Anyway just getting ready and it dawned on me that I think the lady at the court mediation said I should tell the solicitors for Hoist Portfolio that the mediation etc is not taking place....

My worry/question is this - I did not do it - I forgot.

Should I write to them (sols) later and let them know mediation did not take place and should I offer them the reasons why... no cpr etc etc?

Or should I just leave it now...

Rushing and confused worried about my cock up....

Sorry for typos... work now, As always advice etc appreciated

Pancho x
                              Hello Pancho,

The claim will now be allocated to the nearest County Court/Hearing Centre to your address for judges directions on how the claim shall proceed.

So leave it now.

nem

Comment

Ok thankyou x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X