• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please Help - not sure what to do next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please Help - not sure what to do next

Thankyou once again for getting back to me. As this is all new to me. I have read the defence you have kindly wrote for me. So if its ok will it be acceptable for me to just fill in where the xxxx's are.... and then print it out and use that as my defence?

Once I have done that... do I just then fill in the form "defence and counterclaim" that came with the court pack and send it all off recorded delivery?

So on the form I assume I tick box "I dispute the full amount"

I know these are silly questions or obvious questions but I am just being super cautious.

Thankyou in advance xx

Comment

Yes and check through everything else as you know your case better than anyone else xxx

You can submit via the moneyclaim online service - did you do your acknowledgment of service online or by post? Usually best to use the same format - you can fill in the defence form and attach your defence separately if you can print it out - so long as you put the names of the parties and the claim number on it.

And yes, you dispute the full amount.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello

Thankyou once again. I sent my acknowledgement online. Ill check out that money.claim online service.

I would have been well and truly stuck without your kind help and this forum. I cant thank you guys enough.

Hopefully I will be in a position to do all this tomorrow and then its just a waiting game I guess?

Thankyou xxx

Comment

Yep once that's in the claimants have 28 days to respond to the court, otherwise the case will be put on hold xxx Just let us know if you hear anything or receive copies of documents etc from the claimant in the meantime.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I will and once again Thankyou x

Comment

good morning :0) So I got up bright and early to sort out defence and get it sent off. Been trying to get on the money claims site and despite all my efforts I am doing something wrong somewhere.. I tried ringing waited and waited. I know it is not the end of the earth, I am going to go back to plan 1 I think and send the hard copy recorded delivery....

Comment

Originally posted by Pancho79 View Post
                good morning :0) So I got up bright and early to sort out defence and get it sent off. Been trying to get on the money claims site and despite all my efforts I am doing something wrong somewhere.. I tried ringing waited and waited. I know it is not the end of the earth, I am going to go back to plan 1 I think and send the hard copy recorded delivery....
                You could also email it to the court as an attachment (belt & braces).
                Make sure you put Court ref no & Hoist Holdings 2 (or whatever is on the court clam form) v Pancho79 in the email subject box.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Pancho79 View Post
                You could also email it to the court as an attachment (belt & braces).
                Make sure you put Court ref no & Hoist Holdings 2 (or whatever is on the court claim form) v Pancho79 in the email subject box.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hello... thankyou for your response. I ended up posting it recorded delivery. I just got to wait now.

Comment

As you have until 9th I would be checking the royal mail website tomorrow to see if it was delivered. I know I would personally also be emailing it to them to cover all angles.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                      As you have until 9th I would be checking the royal mail website tomorrow to see if it was delivered. I know I would personally also be emailing it to them to cover all angles.
                      I will. Check the royal mail sites etc I'll probably ring them too. Thankyou for your comments :0)

Comment

Just to let people know I checked royal mail and it was signed for today at 8.04am. But Ill still email it as well :0)

Comment

Great , print off the proof of delivery ( or save it as a pdf in a secure place, preferably more than one location e.g hard drive and the cloud)

Comment

I took a photo of it, sent it in an email and saved it in word

Comment

lol, well no arguing with you about whether it was sent or not then
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hello - Just an update

Postman just been - got a letter from the court acknowledging receipt of my defence. And saying that they will forward it to Hoist Portfolio 2 - and saying that they must contact the court within 28 days.

Again I want to say mega thanks to you guys for helping with this....

Ill keep you posted as and when - thankyou x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X