• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Used car faulty after six days from purchase.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Used car faulty after six days from purchase.

Thank you. As I understand it the trader must bear any reasonable costs of returning the goods as they have been rejected. As the goods, the car, was delivered to my home address then the onus is on the trader to pick it up and refund any monies paid for it without any deductions.
    (9)The consumer’s entitlement to receive a refund works as follows.(10)To the extent that the consumer paid money under the contract, the consumer is entitled to receive back the same amount of money.

I also note that the CRA2015 states
    (15)A refund under this section must be given without undue delay, and in any event within 14 days beginning with the day on which the trader agrees that the consumer is entitled to a refund.(16)If the consumer paid money under the contract, the trader must give the refund using the same means of payment as the consumer used, unless the consumer expressly agrees otherwise.
    (17)The trader must not impose any fee on the consumer in respect of the refund.

My worry is that the trader has not agreed to a full refund in this instance.

Comment

Because the trader has not agreed to a full refund is the reason for initiating court proceedings.
      You are looking to the court to order him to comply with the law and pay you the full amount.

Comment

Good afternoon,

have been to CC today and was successful in my claim. The Judge awarded full costs, interest and the original amount paid for the car. He also stipulated that the judgement was not dependant on them collecting the car and gave the motor trader 14 days to pay.

My sincere thanks to des8 as all of this would not have been possible without his guidance and advice.

A fantastic outcome.

Comment

Well done, congratlations.

Comment

Hello,
            just an update. After a short lived celebration I am now faced with a situation where I will have to apply for a Warrant of Control as there has been no response to the 14 day time limit set by the Judge. I am also waiting for confirmation of the Judgment after a court hearing on 8.7.16. I know they are understaffed etc but it's a long wait !

Comment

I know that problem ! email the court and politely ask that they send the formal notification of the judgement so that you can pursue further. It could be that nothing has happened because the formal notification of judgement has not been received by the trader.

Also write to him pointing out that failure to pay by return will result in a CCJ being recorded against him making it difficult for him to obtain credit in the future, even simple contracts such as a mobile phone. Remind him that if you have to start enforcement then that will significantly increase costs for him.

Comment

Did the Company attend court to defend ?
                If it did the directors will know the result anyway as that is given by the judge at the time, and so they should not be awaiting written confirmation.
                14 days from the day of judgement means just that, so I would follow Ostell's advice.

Comment

Thank you. No they did not attend and wrote in saying it was too far to attend. I will follow Ostell's advice and write to them raising the points measured.

Comment

Hello,
                    having emailed the motor trader outlining the judgement and time limit together with the consequences on non payment this is the reply 'We have not received one bit of correspondence regarding this case.

I will make contact with the court tomorrow.'

Nice to know some people aren't even bothered about finding out the details of the hearing !

Comment

"Head in sand" syndrome

If you let the court know that he has not paid then that CCJ will be recorded

Comment

Agree, if the defendant can't be bothered to attend it seems unfair that he can delay payment without sanction until he receives the court's written order as per CPR 40 2 (2).
                        Perhaps when obtaining judgement the creditor should request interest up to the date of payment... possible under sec 74 of County Courts Act 1984?

Comment

If I'm reading this correctly, you could send in the Sheriffs ( High Court Enforcement Officers )
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you, I agree wholeheartedly. The Court have been informed of non payment and interest has been added to the date of the hearing. I must admit at this stage I am keen to request for warrant of control and let the bailiffs sort it out.
                            I noticed this morning the Motor Trader asked me if I had a copy of the judgement !
                            I haven't replied as I think the answer would be unprintable !
                            Will let this ride until I have the letter from the Court detailing the amounts ordered as require by the warrant and to also see what happens after he contacts the Court.

“Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.”
                            ― Benjamin Franklin

Comment

So get onto the court to get them to issue the formal notice and hopefully they will also send a copy to the trader. When you get a copy then send a copy to the trader with a repeat of your request.

Comment

Reply from the Court
                                :
                                Good morning
                                Thank you for your email.
                                We can confirm that the Order is in the process of being
                                typed. Unfortunately, the matter had to be referred back to the Judge with a
                                administration query regarding the Order which has caused a further delay for
                                which we apologise.

We will ensure that the Order is typed and a copy is sent to
                                you as soon as possible.

Kind regards
                                Civil Section
                                and reply from Motor Trader
                                It is now 09:55am and I have been on hold for 55 mins trying to get in contact with the courts for some correspondence.

I have also sent an e-mail.

If you have anything from the courts with the outcome could we please have a copy.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X