• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DVLA - Intercredit/PW Moody/Trust Recoveries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVLA - Intercredit/PW Moody/Trust Recoveries

I received a fine of £80 some time ago regarding me forgetting to SORN my car.

After a couple of letters from Intercredit, I received one from P W Moody, to which I replied with my full income and expenditure offering payment by installments.

A few days later I received a letter from Turst recoverys (not mentioning my letter with Moodys) and again a few days later a further letter from Intercredit (not mention moodys, trust recoveries or my letter)

So i just called them and apparently its completely normal for all three companies to chase at same time for the same debt and not communicate amongst themselves.

So I told the Intercredit woman to call Moody and sort it out. Let you know what happens.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: DVLA - Intercredit/PW Moody/Trust Recoveries

apparently its completely normal for all three companies to chase at same time for the same debt and not communicate amongst themselves.
    Sadly it is normal behaviour, they are all fighting to get your payments because they are on commission. Maybe the original creditor decided to try 3 at once in the hope one of them would get a result?
    Good on you Ame for getting them to fight amongst themselves lol. Good luck with it
    You can't scare me, I have children.

Comment

Well I'll just pay DVLA direct at some point, just wait for them to fight it out first.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Well I'll just pay DVLA direct at some point, just wait for them to fight it out first.
        Unfortunatlty it will probably mean they will be more agressive towards you, rather than fighting between themsleves, so that they are the company getting the money (and commision) first.

Get ready for the barrage of computer generated threats..lol

PKea

Comment

duck off the waters back
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            duck off the waters back
            Same to you,

and what relevance has your plumbing got to do with anything

lol

Comment

pmsl
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hello All, Im new to this so go easy...

Just had the same letter from Intercredit £80 or else..

I have spoken to them & DVLA and the fine is from 8/11/05 thats years ago how am i ever going to remember if did or didnt SORN the car.

The DVLA told me i SORN the car on the 01/04/2006 this was after a fine letter dated 4/Feb/06 from the DVLA saying i hadnt.

As from what i can remember i called them up when i got the letter in Feb 06 saying "I had "sent of thr SORN form and could not understand why they had not recived it. Who every i spoke to said that it would be now sorted..

I have never heard anything from them until now.....is there a limitation on this kind of thing or is it worth fighting as it so long ago and i cant remember all the facts

Please help...

Andy

Comment

Deal direct with the DVLA.

Have you called them regarding this and told them you thought it was sorted when you first contacted them way back when?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yep called them...said they have no record of anything form me....telephone or letter....
                    But i have just found a letter form the 12 june 2006 saying thank you for telling us you sold the car bla bla bla....so why didnt they ask about the fine until now....?????

Andy

Comment

Hi dams and welcome to Beagles,

The limitation period is the standard 6 years so forget about that angle.

If you are certain you spoke to them in Feb 06 and had SORN'd the vehicle then contact the DVLA again and inform them of this. Protest that it is not your fault that they have mislaid the form and you were assured at the time that it was being sorted. As Ame says, deal directly with the DVLA and if Intercredit contact you again inform them that you have disputed this with the DVLA and wish to receive no further letters from them.
                      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Re: DVLA - Intercredit

Hi,

Similar situation concerning my brother, his motorbike was stolen in 2005 and his insurance company paid out. He had to send all the documents including the V5 to the insurance company so I dont think he Sorn'd it. My brother died in 2007, however Intercredit have just sent him a letter to my address, Do I have to pay this £80 fine as the executor of his will? Please advise.

Many thanks.

Comment

I have had the same thing

been arguing with teh dvla enforcement agency who say they had no update even though i know i sorned teh car and was teh only one i have ever done back in october 08. they said they were trying to contact me at an old address where the car was registered and hence me not knowing they were trying tio contact me. they say even though on teh driver database my records were ok they dont use this one but they use teh vehicale database and do not even bother checking the other. i argued all they had to do was make a simple phone call to another department to find oyut where i was and they would have known back then i sorned it or had me do it again.

i have been sending back letters for 3 weeks now and they will not budge and never answering the fact that i actually had the sorn letter and that there records must be wrong and just spout out how one change of one database does not change teh other and they only keep saying this and never answer the fact or question me the fact i had one. but this one i had went with the vehicle when i sold it so i cant prove i had it.

i simply will not pay for there mess when i know and positive it was sorned. what cam i do. i have all 3 credit agencies chasing me and saying there going to prosecute me and with lawyers costs. I cant even afford the fine at the moment so cant pay it even if i was in the wrong.

I said to them why is it the credit companys can find my just by ringing up your main office but you cant not. They did not answer that! nro have they answered my query aboy there own staff in the main dvla saying that posty does get lost and they get 10000 post per day and it can take a while.

I said that there must be something there end that is wrong on there systems but they dont even check fully.

i really want to take them to the cleaners now for there harrassment and plain stupidness

Any help?

Thanks

Comment

To be honest I found it a bit difficult to follow your post but will answer as best I can.
                            Did you get the acknowledgment letter from them confirming that your vehicle was SORNed? if so, have you still got it? They will say it's your responsibility to ensure the process has been followed and if you don't get an acknowledgement that it's SORNed then it's up to you to chase it up. They will also probably point out that the SORN doesn't follow the vehicle, so to speak, it stays with the owner and as such should not go with the car when it is sold.
                            How much is the fine for?
                            Have you put in a complaint to them (officially to their complanints department, not just to DVLA in general?)
                            Is no longer here

Comment

Thank you for your reply

I had a letter from the dvla about the car being sorn last year but now they say there was no such letter and the letter i had and positive was a sorn was sent with the car when sold sorry. Because i had this and no one chased me at the current address i had no reason to suspect anything was wrong. If they really wanted to find me all they had to do was call there other depeartment who had my details. There manager also has teh option to check this her self i find. Currently i do not have the sorn and no way it seems to prove it.

When they passed this on to the credit chasing agencys all they did was ask main dvla for my adresss to write to me. a process that was easily done by themselves.

i will be putting in a complaint and talking to oft.

But they clearly have not dont there level best in finding ne or trying to as per there own charter saying they will and do.

It is for them to hold our records correctly but it seems they are not doing so and something has happened there end with my vehicle records for this car. Also when i sold the car on this year they said also they never even received the paperwork of disposal/sell of vehicle even though i sent this. so post is lost and they blame us for it.

Di have any griunds here through lack of effort on there part to do there job to not pay the fine?

This is and was the only vehicle i have ever sorned. i have only ever had 3 cars so i know it was sorned ans not as if i can get confused with another.

when i tell them these same points they ignore it each time and only go over what is supposed to happen!

regards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X