• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Speeding ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding ticket

Hi

first post on here. After some advice if possible.

I have received a notice of intended prosecution regarding a speeding offence. I have a lease car.

the letter I have received is dated 12/01/16 for an alleged offence on 30/11/15. - is this outside of the 14 day period plus the reasonable time allowed to get my details from the Lease company?

Also so I rang the Police and asked for a copy of the I,age they took - the lady refused saying it was too blurry so she couldn't. I have therefore emailed them asking for this image to be sent to me. Do I need to put this in writing via Royal Mail or is email sufficient?

what are the chances of having this quashed?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Ajb2016; 14th January 2016, 15:59:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Speeding ticket

the letter I have received is dated 12/01/16 for an alleged offence on 30/11/15. - is this outside of the 14 day period plus the reasonable time allowed to get my details from the Lease company?
    Only the 1st notice to the registered keeper counts for the 14 days rule. That was probably the lease company.

Do I need to put this in writing via Royal Mail or is email sufficient?
    Email is sufficient.

what are the chances of having this quashed?
    From the info at hand, practically nil.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X