• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Sacked - Employee Loan to Repay.... BUT...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sacked - Employee Loan to Repay.... BUT...

That's a nice clear article... much better than the ones I found - my googleing skills aren't up to much though as [MENTION=7]Tools[/MENTION] keeps telling me
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by mariefab View Post
      How had you originally agreed to repay it?
      Was it to be deducted from your wages/ paid by bank transfer/cheque/whatever?
      It was to be deducted from wages..

You can see this goes out the window as I was given the boot!

Comment

Well, email the twit and tell him that. Assure him that you intend to repay the loan in 30 payments,as originally agreed, and ask how he would like to receive the payments (cheque/bank transfer/hand delivered in 1p coins).

Comment

Sent my response last night.

Said I agreed to pay back over 30 months, 3.25% interest etc and I would make the monthly payments at these agreed time-scales until it was paid back in full.

Mentioned that the repayments were to be deducted from my salary - though seeing as I was wrongfully dismissed I would not be getting salary from them. I requested bank account details from them to make the payment via BACS instead.

I put a reminder on there that I was yet to receive any payment in lieu of my notice and any holiday money.

No response as of yet - though the ex director (who issued me the loan) got a snotty email this morning hassling him more with their claim on him.. Amongst it was a threat that a complaint to the police was being considered against him and me. (they have their own battle going on though I think they maybe got a bee in their bonnet with my response so I'm getting flack in his letter..)

I'm inclined to make the payment today as I do not want to give them reason to believe I am playing games. I can find out the bank details somehow, or I must have record of them somewhere.

What do you think?

Comment

Consider sending them a cheque rather than missing a payment which they could use as ammunition. With proof of postage at the post office.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
              Consider sending them a cheque rather than missing a payment which they could use as ammunition. With proof of postage at the post office.
              Ha!

Very good shout.

Guess I need to find/dust off the cheque book then!

Comment

Still no response, at all.

I found the bank details and sent a payment.

I should have sent the cheque, there's a chance that they wouldn't have cashed it so the dosh would still be in my bank instead of theirs!

I've not had a P45, any payment re holiday and lieu of notice etc.

Whilst I can write to them and remind them I don't think I'm going to get much of an answer..

What next in that case?

Comment

Originally posted by qazmko View Post
                  Still no response, at all.

I found the bank details and sent a payment.

I should have sent the cheque, there's a chance that they wouldn't have cashed it so the dosh would still be in my bank instead of theirs!

I've not had a P45, any payment re holiday and lieu of notice etc.

Whilst I can write to them and remind them I don't think I'm going to get much of an answer..

What next in that case?
                  How long was it since you sent the letter?
                  Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
                    How long was it since you sent the letter?
                    2 weeks ago yesterday

Comment

I still haven't heard anything back.

I've paid my next repayment in the meantime.

I'm going to calculate my holiday entitlement and write to them with that, along with the pay in lieu of notice and the week I had worked before being booted. Got £500 odd in expenses that they'll need to knock off the remainder too!

Bit of a strange one - (I had recently moved house and I know they hadn't updated records..) - Some staff at the same office have told me that one of their guys has been asking about me, trying to track me down.. Very interesting as they seem to have stopped correspondence so I wonder if he's looking to send the heavies round?? I'm not dismissing it as something they would do seeing as I've heard a few stories.. and the fact I was marched off the premises before by a big lump!

Comment

Well, as it looks like he doesn't intend to issue proceedings (his 14 days passed a while ago) or report you to the police (assuming that you're not posting from the clink) perhaps it's time to take legal action yourself. If he is the sort that would send the boys around the possibility of court action might give him cause to reconsider.

You can do it online through MCOL and, if necessary, there are experts on here who can assist you.

You should add the expenses owed to the claim. Deducting it from the debt isn't on because that wasn't part of the original loan agreement.

There's a fragment of niggling memory trying to get my attention that seems to be saying that the amount of the outstanding loan debt would somehow be reduced if he attatched a counter-claim for the outstanding loan amount to your (succcessful) claim. Hopefully Amethyst or one of the other experts will know about it.

Comment

Just had a Statutory Demand served on me!

Interesting!

Especially interesting that it claims the entire sum of the loan - not taking into account the payments I've already made..

Also the date on the thing (literally just handed to me) is a week old! 24th March..

Should I email the tosser now simply stating that? If I have 18 days to act then I'm already 7 down..

Comment

How much do they claim you owe?

I am assuming you are a home-owner with assets

This is politics gone mad

Comment

There are others here very skilled in the handling of SD and get them over turned with ease. Can't remember who that is but hope she picks up your post. If I remember correctly the time to overturn it is from when it was delivered and not the date on the letter.

Edit: I believe that @Celestine is the SD expert, and one of the founders of this site.
                              Last edited by Kati; 1st April 2016, 08:41:AM. Reason: added tag :)

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                                There are others here very skilled in the handling of SD and get them over turned with ease. Can't remember who that is but hope she picks up your post. If I remember correctly the time to overturn it is from when it was delivered and not the date on the letter
                                OK sounds good.

If I need to go find a solicitor I will, though any more advice on here is welcome.

Re the dates - it surely must be from receipt/delivery - otherwise the countdown to deadline could be massively abused..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X