• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

problem with estate agent making me pay for an energy certificate even though we pull

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with estate agent making me pay for an energy certificate even though we pull

problem with estate agent making me pay for an energy certificate even though we pulled out of selling our house due to current employment problems i was wondering what i need to do to get to pay installments and she wont let me
    do I have to pay in full like she is saying help please help as she seems very unhelpful. v much appreciated I am also
    seeing a depression counsellor as all this has made me ill.this is what she says:

Thank you for your email, we are under no obligation to accept instalment plans and we do not accept instalment plans for this type of fee,

Payment is required in full to negate any further action being taken

Kind Regards

name
    Debt Recovery Assistant
    Last edited by halsaps; 6th January 2016, 13:49:PM. Reason: grammar
    Tags: None

Re: problem with estate agent making me pay for an energy certificate even though we

lol, bless them.

Firstly, the energy certificate - on what basis was it purchased ? was included it as part of the commission for selling the house ? do you have a copy of the terms between yourself and the estate agent ?

If it is due to be paid then just make the first installment payment and notify her you will pay X each week / month until it is paid up. in writing. Make sure you write what invoice it is against and that you can evidence the payments, Bank transfer would be best really as then you don't have the risk of giving them your card details - or cheque ( if anyone has those anymore )- but keep copies and send recorded delivery.

If she takes you to court then I'm afriad they would only be awarded installments anyway, and probably lower than those you're offering - if you can't pay in full, you can't pay in full.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: problem with estate agent making me pay for an energy certificate even though we

Hi

How much are they chasing you for?

Comment

the want Please ensure we receive the amount of £94.80 within the next seven days to settle this account.Payment can be made by card by calling the above number between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm or by sending
        a cheque this is what i have sent them it was from stepchange
        Dear Sir/Madam
        Payment of arrears
        I am in financial difficulties and have recently reviewed my situation with StepChange Debt
        Charity. My budget shows that I am able to make my normal monthly payment. However, I am
        unable to clear the arrears in full at this time.
        After paying my normal monthly payment to you, I can afford to pay amount of £2.00 a month till my job propects improve
        towards my arrears. I will pay this amount each month and tell you when my circumstances
        change. I will prioritise clearing these arrears as quickly as I can.
        I enclose a copy of my household budget to confirm my situation. I did tell xxxxx of my current situation at work
        but didn't realise I had to pay for this certificate.
        Yours faithfully
        I cant find original agreement at the minute but i will hunt for it. have informed stepchange as well

Comment

Sounds like you are the right track there then

worth checking through the contract about the EPC though.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X