• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ question (at a previous address)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ question (at a previous address)

Hello all. Quick question...

I was unfortunate enough to pick up a CCJ in December 2009 that I didn't (and still don't) have a clue about as I moved from the address it was registered at in March 2008. When i've applied for my credit reports with Experian and Equifax it doesn't show up as they only require you to provide six years address history. It does however show on my noddle report as it's a 'linked' address (noddle shows my address history back to 2004). So my question is what would be reported to a potential lender if I applied for credit, what would be reported back to a potential lender, just the last six years or everything?
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ question (at a previous address)

Good morning Astro,

The CCJ should be removed from all CRA files 6 years after the date of judgement.

There's been quite a few complaints about Noddle/Call Credit displaying out of date
    information.

I think you should make a formal complaint to Noddle requiring them to remove the record
    of the linked address and the " expired" CCJ.

Address to the Data Controller and use signed for post.

Meanwhile phone Noddle and request a notice of correction/dispute on the entry, you
    may be able to do this online, I'm not sure.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem. The CCJ won't expire till December this year, apologies I got my date wrong it was 2010, I moved from the address in march 2008, hence why I didn't know anything about it. It didn't show up on my Experian or Equifax reports as they haven't made the same address link that Noddle have. I'm assuming they do link in the background but don't send you the information when you request a copy of your file. Equifax don't apparently have any financial links between my partner and myself despite us sharing a bank account for the last fifteen years

Comment

Originally posted by Astro View Post
        Hi Nem. The CCJ won't expire till December this year, apologies I got my date wrong it was 2010, I moved from the address in march 2008, hence why I didn't know anything about it. It didn't show up on my Experian or Equifax reports as they haven't made the same address link that Noddle have. I'm assuming they do link in the background but don't send you the information when you request a copy of your file. Equifax don't apparently have any financial links between my partner and myself despite us sharing a bank account for the last fifteen years
        Hi Astro,

If the links to your ex are no longer of any relevance send a formal letter of disassociation requesting all links to
        be removed from Noddle / call credit files.

nem

Comment

Hi again. They're relevant and exist with Noddle, just none of the other agencies seems to make the same links which I find odd. I'm wondering if what they provide as part of their statutory request response differs from that which they provide to lenders?

Comment

Hi again. They're relevant and exist with Noddle, just none of the other agencies seems to make the same links which I find odd. I'm wondering if what they provide as part of their statutory request response differs from that which they provide to lenders?
            Should be the same data.

nem

Comment

certainly doesn't seem to be, that said they only ask for six years address details. I registered for Noddle back in 2013 so I suppose they must have made the link back then and stuck with it. I think i'll see how it goes with my SB case and if all goes to plan look to get this one setaside and paid. Problem is I haven't got a clue who its from and it was only for £388 including costs....annoying

Comment

Problem is I haven't got a clue who its from and it was only for £388 including costs....annoying
                Use the trust Online system to find out more about this CCJ: http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself. You have to use the address that would have been used for the CCJ, or it won't find it.

Comment

I'll give it a bash, thanks. Shame I have to pay to find out public information about myself lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X