• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can you use a 3 in 1 printer solely for photocopying(not connected to technology)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you use a 3 in 1 printer solely for photocopying(not connected to technology)?

My mother is a technological neanderthal who cannot even send a text message. She can use a pen and paper and has never used a laptop in her life and never will do. In fact, she can't really use an ATM but I can for her, so to speak.
    Anyway, I've asked this question of the customer useless service at two stores in relation to purchasing a 3 in one printer for the purposes of photocopying only. They look at me like I have three heads.

Ok, so to use one SOLELY as a photocopier and NOT hooked up to a computer/laptop ie simply lead goes into electricity socket and switched on(no bluetooth, no wifi) in fact, just that.

Is it possible? Or simply to set it up would it require a computer just to get it going so to speak?

Please help or ask me to clarify so that my neanderthal mother can get a printer and save me the job of driving her to staples to show her how inept I am at using their self service photocopying machine....
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: Can you use a 3 in 1 printer solely for photocopying(not connected to technology)

Most of the printers/copiers you can. I know a lot of people who do just that.

Just make certain to read what it does on the side of the box. Ask the sales staff/help desk if it does work standalone and it it doesn't then you have cause for complaint and return.

Comment

Re: Can you use a 3 in 1 printer solely for photocopying(not connected to technology)

http://www.howtogeek.com/176421/wire...rint-and-more/

Comment

Just had a look at the Epson site and all it says is print scan copy, with separate icons. I know they do just copy but there's nothing definitive stated.

I suppose a message to the support site then.

Comment

Apologies but post 1 clearly says no wireless technology in my mother's house so that does not work for me......

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
            Apologies but post 1 clearly says no wireless technology in my mother's house so that does not work for me......
            Sorry should have said scroll down
            Bluetooth Printing

RELATED ARTICLE
            More Than Headsets: 5 Things You Can Do With Bluetooth
            Your laptop, smartphone, and tablet probably all have integrated Bluetooth support. Bluetooth is a standard that allows devices to communicate...[Read Article]

Some printers support Bluetooth printing, although this is nowhere near as common as Wi-Fi printing. To use this, you’d need a phone, tablet, or laptop with integrated Bluetooth. You’d then have to pair your device and the printer. This happens over a local, short-range Bluetooth connection, so the devices must be close enough to each other for this to work.
            You could then send documents to the printer over Bluetooth as long as you’re near it, just as you could use Bluetooth to pair a headset or transfer files between nearby devices.
            Bluetooth printing can work, but it’s inconvenient. Many printers don’t include Bluetooth radios and, when they do, this requires you enable the Bluetooth radio on your device, go through a pairing process, and get close enough to the printer before you can print. With a Wi-Fi-enabled printer, any device on the same network can use the printer, even if they’re far apart or don’t have Bluetooth radios.

Comment

She doesn't due technology. Bluetooth is technology. Basically imagine a 90 year in a care home(she's not 90 nor in a care home) who does not have any form of smart technology and has never used any form or IT or Smartphone. If you're there then that's my mother

Comment

Epson have a query form you can ask the question of them

How often will the printer be used? There could be a problem with inkjet printers in that if they are not used sufficiently the print heads can block. I would think 2 months between docs could cause problems.

Tesco had printer/scanners starting at £29 the other day. An Epson one was £45 (I'm looking for my granddaughter).

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                  Epson have a query form you can ask the question of them

How often will the printer be used? There could be a problem with inkjet printers in that if they are not used sufficiently the print heads can block. I would think 2 months between docs could cause problems.
                  At the moment that is definitely NOT gonna be a problem

Comment

Oh lol I thought she had blue tooth read it wrong

- - - Updated - - -

I would give Staples a call they have all sorts of stuff for office and home

Comment

I spoke to someone in Staples on New Year's Eve and they knew what I wanted but couldn't nail their colours to the mast as to whether their on sale Cannon printer would work in that way.....

Comment

A personal copier

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-PC-170.../dp/B000IT756A

Comment

currently unavailable

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                            currently unavailable
                            You are hard work, I know that, was just an example of what you are looking for you can google where to get one yerself lol

Comment

then there is this that I remember from my early office days pmsl

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X