• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

monument aka compucredit aka raphaels' bank aka barclays aka providian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monument aka compucredit aka raphaels' bank aka barclays aka providian

I decided to check my credit score for the first time ever using the new FREE clearscore service. On there, there is a default/repossession notice:

You have had at least one account in Default or Repossession (COMPUCREDIT UK) At least one of your accounts has been seriously in arrears (COMPUCREDIT UK)

In 2007 I had a letter from Monument stating that my agreed direct debit repayments would continue without me taking any further action. At this point I thought no more about it. In July 2007 my last ever payment to Monument was re-credited to my bank account. I expected the next repayment to be taken by compucredit in August 2007, but they have never taken any payments from me and now I find this default notice on clearscore!

Surely I should NOT be classed as an arrears default owing to the fact that they were supposed to automatically carry on from were Monument 'left off'? In addition I have never received ANY correspondence from compucredit, enquiring about the repayments; if they had contacted me I would have acted upon their advice via 'StepChange'? Surely they shouldn't simply 'slap' a default notice on my credit worthiness report without even making contact with me with a view to reaching an agreement over my repayments i.e. negotiations prior to taking this drastic measure?

I have written to clearscore 4 times about this, who passed it on to Equifax and no action has been taken (yet)!!

cheers!
    Tags: None

Re: monument aka compucredit aka raphaels' bank aka barclays aka providian

Talking to Equifax is pointless - you have to talk to the creditor. A credit reference agency only reports what they are told.

Some questions:

When did you stop using the Monument card? Your last payment to the card was in 2007?

What is the date of the default?

Comment

Originally posted by the_doc735 View Post
      I decided to check my credit score for the first time ever using the new FREE clearscore service. On there, there is a default/repossession notice:

You have had at least one account in Default or Repossession (COMPUCREDIT UK) At least one of your accounts has been seriously in arrears (COMPUCREDIT UK)

In 2007 I had a letter from Monument stating that my agreed direct debit repayments would continue without me taking any further action. At this point I thought no more about it. In July 2007 my last ever payment to Monument was re-credited to my bank account. I expected the next repayment to be taken by compucredit in August 2007, but they have never taken any payments from me and now I find this default notice on clearscore!

Surely I should NOT be classed as an arrears default owing to the fact that they were supposed to automatically carry on from were Monument 'left off'? In addition I have never received ANY correspondence from compucredit, enquiring about the repayments; if they had contacted me I would have acted upon their advice via 'StepChange'? Surely they shouldn't simply 'slap' a default notice on my credit worthiness report without even making contact with me with a view to reaching an agreement over my repayments i.e. negotiations prior to taking this drastic measure?

I have written to clearscore 4 times about this, who passed it on to Equifax and no action has been taken (yet)!!

cheers!

Good morning, welcome to LB,

Any arrangement to pay which is maintained at a payment level less than that is a default of the
      original agreement and would result in " arrears " accruing on the account.

I think you are fortunate that the account has been defaulted as if the arrangement to pay had been
      reported as such the delinquent account would remain on your credit files indefinitely, where as a defaulted
      account will be removed from credit files 6 years from the default date paid or not.

The credit reference agency reports only data provided to it and cannot change the default status of the account.

What is the default date showing on the credit file?

nem

Comment

thanks for the reply debt camel!

my last payment would have been july 2007 as far as I can remember? I had been making token payments by agreement to Monument for some considerable time by this stage due to being on state benefits and the interest was frozen at the request of 'step change'. Unfortunately I have no date for the default, only this on the clearscore report: "You have had at least one account in Default or Repossession (COMPUCREDIT UK) At least one of your accounts has been seriously in arrears (COMPUCREDIT UK)". I can't find a website for compucredit or an email address, I don't even know if they have a 'physical address' anywhere? I did lose a lot of paperwork in a flood but I do have the 16 digit card number and the letter explaining that the agreed repayments would continue automatically (but the name would change to compucredit).

Comment

thanks for the reply!

my last payment would have been july 2007 as far as I can remember? I had been making token payments by agreement to Monument for some considerable time by this stage due to being on state benefits and the interest was frozen at the request of 'step change'. Unfortunately I have no date for the default, only this on the clearscore report: "You have had at least one account in Default or Repossession (COMPUCREDIT UK) At least one of your accounts has been seriously in arrears (COMPUCREDIT UK)". I can't find a website for compucredit or an email address, I don't even know if they have a 'physical address' anywhere? I did lose a lot of paperwork in a flood but I do have the 16 digit card number and the letter explaining that the agreed repayments would continue automatically (but the name would change to compucredit).
          These Raphaels Bank cards have always been a nightmare.
          Take a look at Noddle Free Online it does show default dates just for guidance in dealing with the status of the debt.

nem

Comment

Hi nem
            there is no default date showing on the credit file @ clearscore?
            according to what you say I should have about 8 default notices in this case as they are also token payments by arrangement BUT ONLY THE COMPUCREDIT file is showing as this status? The other 8 token payments are made to CABOT as bought off debts and CONTRARY to what you say, they said as long as I stick to the agreed payments there will be NO DEFAULT ON MY CREDIT RECORD/FILE/REPORT? I had to stop working due to drastic ill health and my so called girlfriend stole my ID and racked up £30,000 of debit, then she swiftly departed stating that if I tried to legally get this money back I and my family would suffer, needless to say that all her family are well known jail birds to the police! She also stole my father's life savings just before he died and damn nearly got the ownership of his house too!! ...it's a long story that lasted from 1995 to 2005! Police advised me to move house and change my name and go X directory EVERYWHERE!! Be careful who you get involved with!!

I have always maintained ALL my repayments and take it very seriously and responsibly, the only payments I have apparently 'missed' are these Compucredit ones, because they didn't automatically take the payments!

Comment

hi nem,

thanks for the noodle advice!
              Yes this Monument thing is a nightmare!

Cheers!

Comment

Hi nem
                there is no default date showing on the credit file @ clearscore?
                according to what you say I should have about 8 default notices in this case as they are also token payments by arrangement BUT ONLY THE COMPUCREDIT file is showing as this status? The other 8 token payments are made to CABOT as bought off debts and CONTRARY to what you say, they said as long as I stick to the agreed payments there will be NO DEFAULT ON MY CREDIT RECORD/FILE/REPORT? I had to stop working due to drastic ill health and my so called girlfriend stole my ID and racked up £30,000 of debit, then she swiftly departed stating that if I tried to legally get this money back I and my family would suffer, needless to say that all her family are well known jail birds to the police! She also stole my father's life savings just before he died and damn nearly got the ownership of his house too!! ...it's a long story that lasted from 1995 to 2005! Police advised me to move house and change my name and go X directory EVERYWHERE!!
                There can be more than one default notice on any debt but only one actual default date.

The account would /should have been defaulted before Cabot got anywhere near it, otherwise this debt
                would have an unlimited life on your credit file, where as a defaulted account is removed after 6 years paid or not.

Relying on Cabot's statements on defaults is unwise. As said accounts are defaulted prior to sale or sometime
                earlier.

I cannot vouch for the accuracy of " clear score" .

From your previous post you say the Clear Score entry says the is a default.
                Which is why when you said there is no default date it was suggested you
                check another agency.

nem

Comment

"Take a look at Noddle Free Online it does show default dates just for guidance in dealing with the status of the debt.
                  nem"

I've had a look at Noodle, looks like a good service, many thanks!

Unfortunately, there is no mention of Monument/Compucredit/Raphaels/Providian?

You have no open Short Term Loan accounts on your report.
                  Bankruptcies and Insolvencies:
                  You have no Bankruptcies or Insolvencies recorded on your report.
                  Judgments:

You have no Judgments recorded on your report.

You have no Notices of Correction recorded on your report.
                  There are no CIFAS warnings registered at your address(es).

No default notices anywhere on 'Noodle'?

All my household bills and rent have ALWAYS been up to date! It's just credit cards and a couple of loans that are the problem.

PLEASE NOTE:
                  The Monument account that transferred to Compucredit was NEVER bought off by Cabot, Cabot doesn't have anything to do with this particular debit; but they do hold 8 OTHER debts that are charged against my name.

Before 1995 I never had any sizeable debts and since 2005 (when the so called girlfriend disappeared) I have NOT accrued any further debts!!

Cheers!
                  "Nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit"
                  Last edited by the_doc735; 30th December 2015, 22:09:PM.

Comment

OK. Well the good news is that the debt is now statute barred - too old for the creditor to be able to take you to court for a CCJ (well they can try, but you can defend and win if you are correct about the last payments being in 2007).

The other good news is that it should obviously have been defaulted in 2007/8 according to the ICO's guidelines.

So there is just the question of exactly what default date is showing. When you have this essential piece of information you can ask for the default to be backdate to 2007/8, whereupon it will drop off your records.

There are reports that Clear Score is buggy, and this may be an example of that. I suggest you need to pay £2 for your statutory reports from each of the 3 CRAs, see http://debtcamel.co.uk/experian-or-e...which-is-best/ rather than rely on these "free" services.

Comment

thanks camel!

I have requested the credit reports (7 working days from now).
                      i.e. up to the 12th.Jan.2015

Cheers!
                      Happy new year!
                      Last edited by the_doc735; 6th January 2016, 02:07:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post

I suggest you need to pay £2 for your statutory reports from each of the 3 CRAs, see http://debtcamel.co.uk/experian-or-e...which-is-best/ rather than rely on these "free" services.
                        Hi Camel,

got my £2 report from Experian and there is NO MENTION of the compucredit default anywhere in the documents?

What do you suggest now please? Please remember it's not your money you are spending, BUT MINE! (& I have no choice but to exist on disablement state benefits, so cost efficiency is important to me!).

Many thanks!

RSVP/ASAP.....
                        Last edited by the_doc735; 8th January 2016, 08:56:AM.

Comment

Hang on a second, you now have definitive evidence that Compucredit does not appear on your credit files - so you can take that to Equifax / Clearscore to correct your file. Also if the reason you were checking your file was to apply for a mortgage or loan etc you have evidence that the flag on the creditfile is false.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

signed and shared

Comment

today obtained the 2nd of three files. This one was from Call Credit, that just leaves the Equifax one to arrive in the post.

Unlike Experian, Call Credit DOES mention the Raphael's Bank default and it looks as though they DIDN'T freeze the interest on the account when they took over from Capital One who did freeze the interest on the account!!

The default date is given as: 23/07/2015! (& it says it will stay there for 6 years) ~ BUT I DIDN'T DEFAULT ON PAYMENTS, THEY SIMPLY DIDN'T TAKE THEM?

see attachments (herewith)

Many thanks!

PS: NONE! of my other accounts that are paid at a lower rate than the originally agreed rate show up on these reports at all (so far)? Most of my others are now with Cabot though.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by the_doc735; 8th January 2016, 09:23:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X