• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Suing the council over slippery pavement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suing the council over slippery pavement

How lorries can cause paving slabs to lift

Comment

Yes the street she lives in is narrow and tbh the wagons would have had to go on the pavement to leave access, problem is who can prove it was or wasn't damage caused by them?

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
        Yes the street she lives in is narrow and tbh the wagons would have had to go on the pavement to leave access, problem is who can prove it was or wasn't damage caused by them?
        "..my daughters PA tripped over a flag stone that was raised, just outside her home. She had a serious injury to her ankle (12 months ago) had an operation a few weeks ago on the same injury. She went to a solicitor taking photo evidence etc.
        When put before the council they did admit liability but there was a get out clause that because work had been going on in her street the flag could have been raised by heavy lorries and that then was not down to them.
        I did say she should persevere but some folks wont, still think it's awful, as she has really suffered and also lost wages over this..."

Bin-wagons wouldn't do that damage - wear and tear of pavement flag over the years would seem to cause the damage. It's a shame the claim was not put in before the work was being done. When was the work being done? Was it council bin-wagons?

Comment

As expected, council's insurers rejected the claim, referring to a rather pathetic surface test report dating back from 2009!

I subsequently complained to the CEO who allocated the matter to a local manager. Again, my claim was rejected and I further complained to the CEO. This is his reply:

Dear Mr Hill

I endorse the decision.
          I am happy that we have dealt with your claim in an appropriate fashion.
          We leave you to proceed as you see fit.
          Any proceedings will be vigorously defended on our clients behalf.

Your faithfully,

CEO'

I am now thinking about taking a slightly more unorthodox approach such as starting a blog, contacting local media etc.

No, I'm not going to give up but if I can name and shame these &/*/#÷__÷ it will make me feel better!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X