• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Consumer Credit Act 1974 Basic Request for Original Copy of Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Consumer Credit Act 1974 Basic Request for Original Copy of Agreement

Originally posted by Adrasteia View Post
    The first post in this thread is from 2007 which is quite a while ago.
    Ah, yes, but if you look at the bottom of the first post, you'll see the following:
    The CCA request letters HAVE been updated to reflect changes in legislation. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by strawberrybabe View Post
      If you enclose 1 pound as payment, how else to do it that you would not send a cheque? I mean, so that they do not see your signature...?
      My Mother signed a cheque for me as I didn't have a cheque book. Same name ans initial only Mrs instead of Mr.

Comment

Postal order
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

They did not reply to my CCA request back in February, they just said they needed a little time to provide this. Nothing heard from them since then, about 12 weeks ago, and I think I read that they are supposed to provide ths with 12 days. No paperwork has been sent to me at all to support their claim. Have I any grounds there? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ssnsmudge View Post
            They did not reply to my CCA request back in February, they just said they needed a little time to provide this. Nothing heard from them since then, about 12 weeks ago, and I think I read that they are supposed to provide ths with 12 days. No paperwork has been sent to me at all to support their claim. Have I any grounds there? Thanks.
            Hi,
            from my personal experience it would seem they may have given up but may try again with another DC later if it is not already statute barred (6 years).
            If they do come back to you it would be a good idea to write a formal complaint to them, ask what they have done with your payment which was for the sole purpose of the CCA within the given time limit but which they have ignored. Anything else done without due diligence can be included in the complaint.
            Fingers crossed.
            All the best.
            sam

Comment

What is an anti-tamper strip and where could I get one...? Or does it just mean that I put some kind of watermark to sign on top of...? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkster View Post
                What is an anti-tamper strip and where could I get one...? Or does it just mean that I put some kind of watermark to sign on top of...? Thank you!
                There you go; just copy/paste to whereabouts on your letter you want to sign.
                Attached Files
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

There is really no problem with signature lifting it's all an urban myth.

nem

Comment

I see your question has been answered. Good luck.
                    http://legalbeagles.info/library/ant...gnature-strip/

Comment

Hi I have received a letter from Northampton county court business,to do with Lowell/cohen cramer solicitiors.

To the defendant

You have not replied to the claim form

it is therefore ordered that you must pay the claimant £2563.57 for debt and interest to date of judgement and £207 for costs

you must pay claimant total of £2563..57

by installments of £50 per month

I cant afford this, can I still send in CCA or is it too late

Comment

Originally posted by mtrigg View Post
                        Hi I have received a letter from Northampton county court business,to do with Lowell/cohen cramer solicitiors.

To the defendant

You have not replied to the claim form

it is therefore ordered that you must pay the claimant £2563.57 for debt and interest to date of judgement and £207 for costs

you must pay claimant total of £2563..57

by installments of £50 per month

I cant afford this, can I still send in CCA or is it too late
                        Good morning,

Did you not acknowledge service of the claim?

No CCA request sent?

When was the judgment made?

Once a judgment is made it supersedes the original agreement and the claimant has no obligation to provide the CCA.

nem

Comment

did you not follow due process on this one thru courts system?

Comment

no, I suffer from mental health problems and have literally ignored everything that has come through my door for the last year and I'm now in a better place(mentally) and I m trying to sort out the mess I'm in. I don't have any knowledge about what I can do next.

Comment

This letter was dated 14th dec 2016

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X