• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Esa payments 29th december xmas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esa payments 29th december xmas

CAN ANYBODY CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME PLEASE. MY NEXT ESA PAYMENT IS DUE ON THE 29TH DECEMBER I HAVE LOOKED ONLINE AND CAN ONLY FIND 1 WEBSITE STATEING THAT I WILL BE PAID AS NORMAL ON THE 29TH... MY QUERY IS THIS... HOW CAN THE MONEY BE PAID INTO MY BANK ON THE 29TH WHEN IT TAKES 3 WORKING DAYS TO CLEAR...AS THE 28TH MONDAY IS A BANK HOLIDAY.... THE 3 WORKING DAYS WOULD BE 22nd,23rd,24th - PAID INTO BANK ON XMAS DAY... IM JUST A LITTLE CONFUSED AS TO WHY IT WONT BE IN BANK ON XMAS DAY WHEN THE 3 WORKING DAYS PASS BEFORE... ALSO DOES ANYBODY KNOW ABOUT THE NATWEST BANKING SYSTEM, USUALLY ANY PAYMENTS BEING WITHIN THE ACCOUNT OVER WEEKENDS AND BANK HOLIDAYS ARE NORMALLY ISSUED THE LAST WORKING DAY OF THE WEEK RATHER THAN HAVING TO WAIT.. MY FRIEND RECIEVERS HER MONDAYS MONEY EVERY SATURDAY... IS THIER A CHANCE I COULD RECIEVE MY PAYMENT ON THE 24TH LIKE HER.... THANKS IN ADVANCE...
    Tags: None

Re: Esa payments 29th december xmas

The government use Bankers Automated Clearing Services (BACS) which is a direct transfer between accounts,
    so clearing system is not used.
    I'm sorry, but your payment due on 29th will be paid on 29th.

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-have-your-benefits-paid
    Christmas and New Year paymentsYour usual payment date may change if you receive any benefit, apart from Child Benefit or tax credits.
    Benefit payments due:
    • between 23 and 28 December will be paid on 23 December 2015
    • on 31 December 2015 or 1 January 2016 will be paid on 31 December 2015
    • on 4 January 2016 in Scotland will be paid on 31 December 2015

If you’ve not received your payment, contact the office that pays your benefit on the day it was due.

Comment

ok Thanks for clearing that up for me, i guess my only hope for a decent christmas now rests on Natwest bank clearing the payment early because of the bank holiday. My friends and my account useually clears early for bank holidays and weekends, im just not 100% sure that it will be cleared over this xmas, but like i say. it is my only hope.....

Comment

Sorry to hear of your situation, but don't count on your benefit being available before 29th December,

Comment

Do your payments usually take 3 days to go into your bank? As Des says they don't use the clearing process so should be available immediately, I know mine are available the day (the minute actually) they are paid in. The payment date is the date it is transferred in. Payments due on the 25th can't go in on the 25th as presumably the DWP payment staff have a day off like most of us, so they do it on the 24th instead. So if you payment is due on the 29th, then you will get it on the 29th

I suspect the DWP helplines will be rammed this time of year but if you can bear to be on hold for ages you could check with them exactly how the payments are made and whether it will be available to withdraw on the 29th.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi I had been wondering the same as it is a bank holiday Fri & Mon & I'm due esa on 29th aswel & usually if it's a bank hol all over UK I get my money early, I spoke to my jobcentre & the guidelines I was given was that my money would go in as usual but it could go early as last date for payments being issued was 21st Dec & they take 3 days to clear which takes u too the 24th, all dwp payments take 3 days to clear I was told & when I phoned esa helpline yest they confirmed my payment had been released early so I'm hoping it shall be in tomorrow, hope that makes sense x

Comment

Hi Kirsty Louise I'm due the same day as u the 29th my esa normally it's bank holiday monday without fail it goes in on a Saturday without fail even tho Tuesday is normal working day I'm hoping the bank will clear it 2morrow wot bank are u with I'm with Barclays and we won't get Saturday as it's Boxing Day ?

Comment

Mummyelly, your payment is going in as normal on 29th December

Please see here: http://legalbeagles.info/benefits-an...hristmas-2015/

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kirstylouise View Post
                Hi I had been wondering the same as it is a bank holiday Fri & Mon & I'm due esa on 29th aswel & usually if it's a bank hol all over UK I get my money early, I spoke to my jobcentre & the guidelines I was given was that my money would go in as usual but it could go early as last date for payments being issued was 21st Dec & they take 3 days to clear which takes u too the 24th, all dwp payments take 3 days to clear I was told & when I phoned esa helpline yest they confirmed my payment had been released early so I'm hoping it shall be in tomorrow, hope that makes sense x
                ESA is 29th. See this link on LB for details of benefit payments: http://legalbeagles.info/benefits-an...hristmas-2015/
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

That's same as me its always in on the sat, I'm with clydesdale bank, hoping it's there tomorrow, can't see why it won't be really as its a bank hol Fri & Mon & like u say it always goes in early, fingers crossed 4 us both x

Comment

Mine wasn't in this morning called bank up they still progress on a Saturday

Comment

Those banks which show payments going in and out of the account at the earliest opportunity will show money in the account tomorrow, however, other banks that do not will only show it going in on that day so for example, NatWest will show the money in the account tomorrow whilst Lloyds will not show it until Tuesday, the day it is supposed to go into the account. Whichever way your bank processes payments will determine whether you will get it early or get it later.

Comment

Hi folks, bit of an update, i have spoken with NATWEST and they say the money should show in our accounts tommorow, as the last BACS process is xmas morning at 2am, But you have to be with either RBS or NATWEST bank to recieve your money on xmas day as NATWEST process for the last time Early Xmas morning at 2am. if your money is due on the 29th ,the money should be available tommorow but it will be dated as the 29th but still available for withdrawal...BUT....BUT...BUT...the adviser warned me that it also depends on the date of issue and what bank the money was issued from....DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHO DWP BANKS WITH....NATWEST states that as long as it is issued on the 22nd the 3 working days wil be the 22nd 23rd and 24th - money processed 24th and in account after 12 midnight...But if the bank issuing the payment had any delays and lets say issued on the 23rd, then the money will not be available until the 29th as the 29th will be the next processing day at 2am...But all being good and well...If the moeny was issued on the 22nd and processed by the issuing bank on that day, then the payments to a NATWEST or RBS bank or any other bank that processes at am xmas day will have the funds processed and available XMAS DAY.....hope this helps...but be warned...donnot count on it. because depending on other factors...But if you say the DWP informed you they issued early to account for xmas and bank holiday then your in with a chance, but it depends on your bank and the issuing bank...but theres a 90% chance those expecting payments on the 29th for ESA with NATWEST RBS and other bans that proccess midnight tonight, will have funds available in the morining...i wil be checing at 2am tonight...i wil update...check this in the morning.....Good luck folks...lets hope christmas can bless us all with a fortunate xmas......T

Comment

Hi folks, bit of an update, i have spoken with NATWEST and they say the money should show in our accounts tommorow, as the last BACS process is xmas morning at 2am, But you have to be with either RBS or NATWEST bank to recieve your money on xmas day as NATWEST process for the last time Early Xmas morning at 2am. if your money is due on the 29th ,the money should be available tommorow but it will be dated as the 29th but still available for withdrawal...BUT....BUT...BUT...the adviser warned me that it also depends on the date of issue and what bank the money was issued from....DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHO DWP BANKS WITH....NATWEST states that as long as it is issued on the 21st/22nd the 3 working days wil be the 22nd 23rd and 24th - money processed 24th and in account after 12 midnight...But if the bank issuing the payment had any delays and lets say issued on the 23rd, then the money will not be available until the 29th as the 29th will be the next processing day at 2am...But all being good and well...If the money was issued on the 21st/22nd and processed by the issuing bank on that day, then the payments to a NATWEST or RBS bank or any other bank that processes at am xmas day will have the funds processed and available XMAS DAY.....hope this helps...but be warned...donnot count on it. because depending on other factors...But if you say the DWP informed you they issued early to account for xmas and bank holiday then your in with a chance, but it depends on your bank and the issuing bank...but theres a 90% chance those expecting payments on the 29th for ESA with NATWEST RBS and other bans that proccess midnight tonight, will have funds available in the morining...i wil be checing at 2am tonight...i wil update...check this in the morning.....Good luck folks...lets hope christmas can bless us all with a fortunate xmas......

Comment

Originally posted by mysterdee888 View Post
                            Hi folks, bit of an update, i have spoken with NATWEST and they say the money should show in our accounts tommorow, as the last BACS process is xmas morning at 2am, But you have to be with either RBS or NATWEST bank to recieve your money on xmas day as NATWEST process for the last time Early Xmas morning at 2am. if your money is due on the 29th ,the money should be available tommorow but it will be dated as the 29th but still available for withdrawal...BUT....BUT...BUT...the adviser warned me that it also depends on the date of issue and what bank the money was issued from....DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHO DWP BANKS WITH....NATWEST states that as long as it is issued on the 21st/22nd the 3 working days wil be the 22nd 23rd and 24th - money processed 24th and in account after 12 midnight...But if the bank issuing the payment had any delays and lets say issued on the 23rd, then the money will not be available until the 29th as the 29th will be the next processing day at 2am...But all being good and well...If the money was issued on the 21st/22nd and processed by the issuing bank on that day, then the payments to a NATWEST or RBS bank or any other bank that processes at am xmas day will have the funds processed and available XMAS DAY.....hope this helps...but be warned...donnot count on it. because depending on other factors...But if you say the DWP informed you they issued early to account for xmas and bank holiday then your in with a chance, but it depends on your bank and the issuing bank...but theres a 90% chance those expecting payments on the 29th for ESA with NATWEST RBS and other bans that proccess midnight tonight, will have funds available in the morining...i wil be checing at 2am tonight...i wil update...check this in the morning.....Good luck folks...lets hope christmas can bless us all with a fortunate xmas......

:santa_wink:

Comment

It does depend on when the bank are processing payments. I know Lloyds will process the money ONLY on the day that they are due in. RBS Group process earlier......

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X