• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dads estate and probate (help needed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dads estate and probate (help needed)

I scanned the letter from my solicitor for my brother and sister to see that every thing was being done legally as my brother put on fb that I had emptied my dads bank account ,I was just making it clear that nothing was being done behind their backs ...

Comment

Originally posted by fairy dust 49 View Post
      Yes my solicitor did appoint me administrator
      Did your solicitor "appoint" you, or did he confirm that the probate court had appointed you?

If he told you off his own bat that you could go ahead with settling your father's estate, and confirmed this to your siblings, then yes they could go to probate and have themselves appointed administrators.
      However I really don't see a solicitor making such an error, which would point to your siblings being very stupid or a mistake by the court.

Really need to see what your solicitor says tomorrow.

Comment

When I first contacted him and we spoke on the phone ,he told me he would send out the paper work stating that his company would take on the probate process .I signed the paper work sent it back and he telephoned me to confirm that he received the papers and said he would prefer me being the administrator also he would have to inform my brother and sister that his company would be dealing with my dads estate.all I had to do was to send my dads bank details and any statements of my dads banking and also a bank statement of mine to confirm that I put part payment to funeral and also that I paid for my dads riser-recliner chair as that alone cost £500 from a mobility company .all sounds confusing I know ,but I have not had contact with my solicitor for over 3 weeks now ,I just thought that he was waiting for the court to grant probate ,but as mentioned earlier my siblings solicitor has all ready gained the probate .So now I don`t know were I stand I feel left in the dark..

- - - Updated - - -

I will take your advise from earlier and ask him why he did not lodge a caveat to prevent them obtaining the grant of representation with my knowledge or giving prior notice to their intentions.

Comment

Sounds as if your solicitor has not dealt with the probate process as arranged.
          Trouble is that now your siblings have been appointed administrators there is little that can be done about that.
          From a legal point of view it matters not who is the administrator, as long as they follow procedures.
          I realise that your concerns are mainly round the emotional spectrum, but other than shouting at your solicitor I doubt there is much you can do.

Comment

What is upsetting me more so is that they have over ridden me knowing that it was all ready in the hands of the legal system ,and now to find out that my own solicitor has been slow but is still going to make a nice profit for the little work he has actually done .If I had not asked on here for advice I would have been none the wiser as I have never had to go through this type of legality before so I didn`t know the ropes .But thank you for your help...

Comment

Originally posted by fairy dust 49 View Post
              and now to find out that my own solicitor has been slow but is still going to make a nice profit for the little work he has actually done..
              So challenge his bill!

Comment

Hi, Firstly, really sorry for your loss. I lost my Uncle (much loved and sadly missed) in April. My other Uncle lives across the road from where my deceased uncle lived. He got married 20 yrs ago. My Aunty by marriage only, has shown her true colours. Firstly, after my nan passed away in 1992, she demanded "her share" of the houses value. MY uncle paid her off and the house was valued higher then the pay out, her loss..it goes on.

After my uncle paid off his brother and wife although we all know she is a nasty piece of work now..he changed his will.

About 4 acres of land, house, garage the lot, was left to my mum, not My uncle or his wife, or split, it was solely left to my mum.

Probate has passed and it is all sorted. My dad and mum have approached my other uncle and wife and not reconciled but, area t least on speaking terms.

I know its hard with families but, My mum has left me and family free use of the house as a holiday home when we need it i.e. Next week!

If you at least get on speaking terms, it will make the process a lot easier, also as said previously, only use one solicitor as they get paid a set rate by probate anyway.

Sorry for your loss, hope you can get some peace and calmness.

Just to add, my mum cared for her brother daily in latter years, went shopping etc, as was said before, Id rather see him walk through the door rather than argue over "money".

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X