• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form Received !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County Court Claim Form Received !!!

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
    You acknowledge the service online now, saying you intend to defend.

That gives you 28 days from when you got the claim forms to get an actual defence together and submit online. As said earlier, that means you don't have to worry about it much over Xmas and can sit and wait to see what responses you get to CCA/CPR.
    Thanks alot for your comments, just a quick one the 2x seperate letters going out
    1. Should i sign both letters ?
    2. Does anything apart from the £1 postal order of the CCA need to be attached with the letters please ?

Regards

Comment

Yes sign the letters, and no just the postal order for the CCA attached to the CCA request. xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Howie94,

I have signed my letters as if you don't I think they wont get back to you.

the £1 postal order is only for of the CCA.

Comment

Hi
          can someone help with this please,

Does the 28 days counts as a working days or weekends and bank holidays are included?

Thank you

Comment

Can anybody help me with this question please?

Does the 28 days includes the weekends and bank holidays? or just working days?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by skyman View Post
              Can anybody help me with this question please?

Does the 28 days includes the weekends and bank holidays? or just working days?

Thank you
              The defence date is 28 days (regardless) from service (ie when you received the claim) or 33 days (which allows 5 days for service) from the issue date printed on the front of the claim form.

Comment

Hi EXC,

Thank you for the answer, so I take it as if my claim issued on the 14/12 then I write on my CPR letter, that my defence date is on 22/01/2016 so they can get back to me on time.

hope this is ok.

Thank you

Comment

Hi All

Ive litterally just sent both CCA letter followed by the CPR letter, my claim form from the court state the 14.12.2015 but only logged into MCOL today as only received the letter this morning 19.12.2015 so does that mean i have 28 days from the 12th December or 28 days from the 19 December ??

Regards

Comment

To be sure use the calculator http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...it-Court-Claim

NOTE: The defence date is 28 days from service (ie when you received the claim) or 33 days (which allows 5 days for service) from the issue date printed on the front of the claim form.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html
                      So issue date (14/12/2015) + 5 days = 19/12/2015, and received then (today) as well.

So it's 19/12/2015 + 28 days, which as said can be done on the timeanddate.com link

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...it-Court-Claim

So issue date (14/12/2015) + 5 days = 19/12/2015, and received then (today) as well.

So it's 19/12/2015 + 28 days, which as said can be done on the timeanddate.com link

Thank you Nibbler ...

Comment

You acknowledge the service online now, saying you intend to defend.

That gives you 28 days from when you got the claim forms to get an actual defence together and submit online. As said earlier, that means you don't have to worry about it much over Xmas and can sit and wait to see what responses you get to CCA/CPR.

Hi Nibbler

What if they decide to ignore the CCA or CPA letters and my date runs over or they state i havent even tried to make a defence has this ever happended ??

Kind Regrards

Comment

Originally posted by howie94 View Post
                            Hi Nibbler

What if they decide to ignore the CCA or CPA letters and my date runs over or they state i havent even tried to make a defence has this ever happended ??

Kind Regrards
                            Hi all

Can anyone comment on the last couple of questions for me please ??

Kind regards

Comment

I've given [MENTION=1508]Nibbler[/MENTION] and [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] a shout for you.

Comment

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION], as well, is probably better placed to answer than me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X