• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rail Penalty Charge: Liklihood of successful appeal on these grounds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail Penalty Charge: Liklihood of successful appeal on these grounds?

Hello All,
    Your opinion please on whether my appeal would be successful?
    My daughter left her sixth form college recently and ran to catch her train home (got there just in time.) She had not purchased a ticket before travelling but seen other people purchase tickets on board trains previously so thought she would do this: the next train would have meant a considerable time waiting. (Appreciate that this is not a right, but she thought as she had never travelled on this train before and not had her ticket checked she would be able to purchase from the conductor: she wont do this again.) She was issued with a £20 penalty ticket.
    I realise what based on the above we have no grounds for appeal, however the penalty fine she was issued with was dated incorrectly (issue date 30th December with payment due by 21st November instead of an issue date of 30th November.) If I'm to appeal I need to post a letter today or tomorrow.
    So my question, as to travel she needed a ticket purchased prior to boarding correct for the journey, if the detail on the penalty notice (ie date of issue) is incorrect will it be enforceable? 30th December remains in the future and therefore prospective?

Thanks for your thoughts
    T4Driver
    Tags: None

Re: Rail Penalty Charge: Liklihood of successful appeal on these grounds?

If it does turn out to be invalid becuase of the dates they could just issue another correctly dated one so if I were you I'd just pay and forget about it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X