• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Confusion about cause of action on statute barred account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confusion about cause of action on statute barred account

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    The question about the possibility of a short statement being made at the time the claim was acknowledged was valid as I have seen this happen and the court has Not acknowledged receipt of a defence
    The court does make mistakes and things do get lost in the post.

But prior to you asking the OP that question they had already posted on the thread that they had not filed a Defence and that they had informed the court they had agreed an extension of time to do so with the Claimant's solicitors.

So it wasn't possible for them to have filed a Defence "statement" at the same time as filing the AOS (which was the basis of your question).

Di

Comment

Defence Example

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        Thank you for that. I have looked through the document but it seems to rely on the requests not being met. In this case they have and I now have the default notice from July 2008 which mentions "if you do not pay the arrears before that date this notice is to be treated as our demand for payment of the balance"

Comment

you amend to suit your circumstances it is only a guideline use/format hence Example use

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
            requests not being met. In this case they have and I now have the default notice from July 2008 which mentions "if you do not pay the arrears before that date this notice is to be treated as our demand for payment of the balance"
            Has anyone taken a look at the documents which have been disclosed so far?

I can see your thread started in 2015 so I wasn't around then, but I can't see any paperwork uploaded (unless I missed it).

What's the update on this debt being Statute Barred as per your thread title?

What was the claim issue date?

When would the loan have expired if it had run to the end of the term agreed?

When was your last payment?

When was it defaulted?

How much is this claim?

Di

Comment

Nope nothing uploaded, only an example of a loan term on termination I uploaded ages ago http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...346#post600346
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                Has anyone taken a look at the documents which have been disclosed so far?

I can see your thread started in 2015 so I wasn't around then, but I can't see any paperwork uploaded (unless I missed it).

What's the update on this debt being Statute Barred as per your thread title?

What was the claim issue date?

When would the loan have expired if it had run to the end of the term agreed?

When was your last payment?

When was it defaulted?

How much is this claim?

Di
                Just copied everything to post. Will get everything uploaded in a few minutes when I figure it out. (I have covered all my personal details)

Comment

Click on Go Advanced on reply, then click the paperclip icon in the text editor bit, should allow you to upload docs. any problems feel free to email them to me admin@legalbeagles.info and I'll post them up for you xx
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

This is what I have got to work with, The length of the claim is for 48 months from 16/05/2007
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is what I have got to work with, The length of the claim is for 48 months from 16/05/2007
                      I assume you mean the length of the loan not the length of the claim is 48 months

I'll need to go and get my glasses but am I right in seeing you ticked "YES" to PPI (Card Protection Policy)?

If so the Claimant may have to produce the Ts & Cs for that in order to comply with section 77 CCA.

Di

Comment

Where did they get they '' 22/03/2011'' date from I wonder? Even the default notice is dated 2008 and there's no payments showing after then.

Imagination?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I assume you mean the length of the loan not the length of the claim is 48 months

I'll need to go and get my glasses but am I right in seeing you ticked "YES" to PPI (Card Protection Policy)?

If so the Claimant may have to produce the Ts & Cs for that in order to comply with section 77 CCA.

Di
                          Sorry, i did mean the length of the loan. I did tick it yes

- - - Updated - - -

Just want to point out that i have never received any T&Cs for this

Comment

the monthly payments on time every time up until my last payment to them on the 17th of June 08. No other payment or contact has ever been made with them from that point.
                            In your first post you say your last ever payment was on the 17th June 2008.

On that statement you've just uploaded it shows a credit ("payment - cheque") from a DCA for £20 on 19th August 2009. Did you pay £20 to a bullying DCA (acting as an agent for the creditor) or were you in a DMP which paid £20 (acting as your agent)?

What was the claim issue date? Your thread started in December 2015 and you'd already received a Default Notice in July 2008 (?) which you didn't remedy by the date requested.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              Where did they get they '' 22/03/2011'' date from I wonder? Even the default notice is dated 2008 and there's no payments showing after then.

Imagination?
                              This is the letter I received when I said that it was statute barred
                              Attached Files

Comment

In your first post you say your last ever payment was on the 17th June 2008.

On that statement you've just uploaded it shows a credit ("payment - cheque") from a DCA for £20 on 19th August 2009. Did you pay £20 to a bullying DCA (acting as an agent for the creditor) or were you in a DMP which paid £20 (acting as your agent)?

What was the claim issue date? Your thread started in December 2015 and you'd already received a Default Notice in July 2008 (?) which you didn't remedy by the date requested.

Di
                                I have never been in a DMP and I have no idea where this £20 has come from. I have looked at my bank statements and there is nothing that remotely looks like £20 paid to anyone. The claim issue date 14 Jan 2016

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X