• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Npower CCj via Wilkin Chapman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Npower CCj via Wilkin Chapman

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but was looking for some advice as have had a CCJ registered against me in Northampton and have been deceived by Npower and Wilkin Chapman solicitors. The judgement should not have been entered and I was told over the phone by Npower that all litigation would stop whilst they gave me a final correct bill (I have all recordings to back up my complaint) My prime directive is to get the judgement removed as it is massively impacting my credit score and livelihood.

In a nutshell I changed supplier from Npower to First Utility at the beginning of the year. They sent me a final bill but based it on estimated reads and they were way too high, I disputed it but was never sent a correct bill.

A few months later I received paperwork from Northampton court registering a claim against me. I immediately contacted Npower and they said over a recorded call that all litigation would stop and I would not need to submit a counter claim and once a proper bill was calculated by them I could pay the debt and settle the account. They came back to me a few weeks later with a correct final bill which I immediately paid and thought the matter had been concluded.

A month later I checked my credit report (as I do from time to time) and found my score had plummeted as a CCJ had been entered. Again I contacted Npower and they said this was an error and they would get the marks removed from my credit file, they said it could take up to a month.

A month came and went and the CCJ was still on my file so I contacted Npower again and they said that they can't remove it as this has been put there by there solicitors (not what they told me initially) They also sent me a cheque for £100 as an apology for the complaint I made (I have not cashed this as I don't accept it) They told me to contact their solicitors to get it removed.

I have contacted their solicitors and they said they won't remove it as I owe them £102, I don't want to pay them and accept the debt as I will have a satisfied CCJ on my file when I don't want one on there at all as I was told initially ligation would stop.

My question is what is the best way to resolve this? Would it be best to apply to get the judgement set aside? Npower have sent me all the data they have on me including all call recordings and notes and these back up my complaint. Or would I be best going to the energy ombudsman or even getting a solicitor to help me with this matter? If a solicitor is the best option are there any on this forum that people would recommend?

Thanks in advance for any help or replies received.

Mike
    Tags: None

Re: Npower CCj via Wilkin Chapman

Originally posted by mikerhop View Post
    Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but was looking for some advice as have had a CCJ registered against me in Northampton and have been deceived by Npower and Wilkin Chapman solicitors. The judgement should not have been entered and I was told over the phone by Npower that all litigation would stop whilst they gave me a final correct bill (I have all recordings to back up my complaint) My prime directive is to get the judgement removed as it is massively impacting my credit score and livelihood.

In a nutshell I changed supplier from Npower to First Utility at the beginning of the year. They sent me a final bill but based it on estimated reads and they were way too high, I disputed it but was never sent a correct bill.

A few months later I received paperwork from Northampton court registering a claim against me. I immediately contacted Npower and they said over a recorded call that all litigation would stop and I would not need to submit a counter claim and once a proper bill was calculated by them I could pay the debt and settle the account. They came back to me a few weeks later with a correct final bill which I immediately paid and thought the matter had been concluded.

A month later I checked my credit report (as I do from time to time) and found my score had plummeted as a CCJ had been entered. Again I contacted Npower and they said this was an error and they would get the marks removed from my credit file, they said it could take up to a month.

A month came and went and the CCJ was still on my file so I contacted Npower again and they said that they can't remove it as this has been put there by there solicitors (not what they told me initially) They also sent me a cheque for £100 as an apology for the complaint I made (I have not cashed this as I don't accept it) They told me to contact their solicitors to get it removed.

I have contacted their solicitors and they said they won't remove it as I owe them £102, I don't want to pay them and accept the debt as I will have a satisfied CCJ on my file when I don't want one on there at all as I was told initially ligation would stop.

My question is what is the best way to resolve this? Would it be best to apply to get the judgement set aside? Npower have sent me all the data they have on me including all call recordings and notes and these back up my complaint. Or would I be best going to the energy ombudsman or even getting a solicitor to help me with this matter? If a solicitor is the best option are there any on this forum that people would recommend?

Thanks in advance for any help or replies received.

Mike
    done same to us. did you get any help ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X