• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Howard Cohen - Hoist - Robinson Way - Letter Before Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard Cohen - Hoist - Robinson Way - Letter Before Claim

Hi there,

Hoping someone can provide some guidance.

I receive a letter before claim from Howard Cohen, related to an Aqua Credit Card. Long story short, I racked up a host of debts and then was unable to pay, made token payments for a while, but then debt was sold to Robinson Way towards the end of 2014 and I stopped making payments (buried my head in the sand) and have ignored Robinson Way letters offering discounted payments and requests for contact.

Agreement was defaulted in September 2014. Outstanding balance just under £900.00.

Letter before claim gives 10 days to call Robinson to make payment. My question is should I contact Robinson Way and agree to make an affordable monthly payment or what would be the best course of action? I cannot afford to settle the debt, but at the same time don't want to end up with a CCJ.

All advise appreciated

DR
    Tags: None

Re: Howard Cohen - Hoist - Robinson Way - Letter Before Claim

Good afternoon DR,

Is Robison Way named as Cohens Client? ( I ask as RW is part of another debt purchaser).

I suggest that you send a CCA request to Cohen in this case, this is for a copy of the agreement ( there's a template in the forum library).
    There is a£1 statutory fee and there's a 12 + 2 working days timescale for this. use signed for post.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

Thanks for the quick response. On the letter I think its only Hoist mentioned, but pretty sure RW were sending letters about this debt (will double check when I get home).

Just to confirm, I send the CCA to Cohen and not Hoist?

I will get CCA out in tomorrows post and then come back once they respond.

Does sending the CCA request mean they wont proceed with court claim, or can they still go that route anyway (I ask as obviously the 10 days will expire before the 12 + 2)

Thanks
      DR

Comment

[QUOTE=Debtrelief;596791]Hi Nem,

Thanks for the quick response. On the letter I think its only Hoist mentioned, but pretty sure RW were sending letters about this debt (will double check when I get home).

Just to confirm, I send the CCA to Cohen and not Hoist?

Ok so Hoist is named send them the CCA request now.

No things will proceed I suspect but failure to supply the agreement
        renders the debt unenforceable until the agreement is supplied.
        If Hoist does issue a claim have you anything with which to defend.

nem

Comment

Credit card was long after 07 so I'm pretty sure they will simply get a reconstituted copy of agreement.

There will be penalties included in their balance but honestly no defence. Is it worth contacting them to try make an arrangement to make payments or is it too late for that?

Thanks for the advice

DR

Comment

Originally posted by Debtrelief View Post
            Credit card was long after 07 so I'm pretty sure they will simply get a reconstituted copy of agreement.

There will be penalties included in their balance but honestly no defence. Is it worth contacting them to try make an arrangement to make payments or is it too late for that?

Thanks for the advice

DR
            Let's see what the CCA request brings forth.

nem

Comment

This is the letter

hph2 which I thought was hoist own the debt but RW seem to be collecting. Does CCA request go to hph2 or RW?

sorry for messing you around!
              DR
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for chasing (I do know people are busy), but based on the letter in my previous post, can you please advise if CCA should be sent to Cohen or HPH2 or RW?

I would like to get the CCA off today (sooner rather than later)

Thanks again
                Last edited by Debtrelief; 26th November 2015, 14:46:PM. Reason: missing word

Comment

Hello. I have had an identical letter from HC and am about to send them a letter before action response. May I ask what you did next and what their response was? Forewarned is forearmed and all that…!

Comment

Originally posted by Debtrelief View Post
                    Sorry for chasing (I do know people are busy), but based on the letter in my previous post, can you please advise if CCA should be sent to Cohen or HPH2 or RW?

I would like to get the CCA off today (sooner rather than later)

Thanks again

HI DR
                    Did you send the CCA request to RW?

Comment

Hi Nem,

I sent CCA request to RW, they sent me only a letter saying that they acknowledged account was in dispute and would cease all collection activity.

To date no CCA has been received...I haven't chased them again and had no further contact.

I created a new thread because I received a claim from Cohen. I sent CPR request and received acknowledgement of receipt and that they had requested info from their client. I then submitted defence on 4/1/2016 and still have received nothing from Cohen and no CCA from RW. How long do they have to produce this information? (I assume that they are struggling because originally Aqua was part of RBS (SAV credit), then sold to New Day and not sure when it was sold on to RW).

Thanks
                      DR

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X