• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dodgy solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dodgy solicitors

if any of them act it will be a miracle, as experiences have shown

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      if any of them act it will be a miracle, as experiences have shown
      The Legal Ombudsman claim these cases are within their remit. The mind boggles...

Comment

Originally posted by heisenberg View Post
        The Legal Ombudsman claim these cases are within their remit. The mind boggles...

well I never - not the responses I ever got!!

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          well I never - not the responses I ever got!!
          Seriously!? Are you saying they told you otherwise?

Comment

LEO would be the right people for a complaint about your solicitor if you want help to resolve an issue. I think you were looking more at this alledged discrimination as a regulatory issue ( which would be the SRA ), and there isn't really a resolution for your complaint via the Leo ( you don't want to force a solicitor to take on your case I'm sure, and you haven't lost any money to have refunded ).

Have we actually discussed the case you were trying to get a solicitors firm to take on yet on here?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              LEO would be the right people for a complaint about your solicitor if you want help to resolve an issue. I think you were looking more at this alleged discrimination as a regulatory issue ( which would be the SRA ), and there isn't really a resolution for your complaint via the Leo ( you don't want to force a solicitor to take on your case I'm sure, and you haven't lost any money to have refunded ).

Have we actually discussed the case you were trying to get a solicitors firm to take on yet on here?
              The Legal Ombudsman can award compensation and, from what I gather, they have significant powers (awards of up to 50k).

Yes, we have discussed one of them on here.

Comment

I see - could well be. However, if they provided a poorer service than they would others then this of course is direct discrimination.
                Not necessarily but regardless discrimination is relative and so you'd need to establish the level of service that they provided to others. That's not realistically acheivable.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                  Not necessarily but regardless discrimination is relative and so you'd need to establish the level of service that they provided to others. That's not realistically acheivable.
                  Not always. I have my ways. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

I just got some clarity from the SRA. It appears they can investigate matters of discrimination but have just tried to fob me off probably to save themselves some work.

Comment

Seriously!? Are you saying they told you otherwise?
                      The difference it seems is a solicitor for a claimant and alledged misdeeds, as I am not the claimant and hired the so called non existent solicitor in one case, and a real solicitor in another then they all and sundry passed the buck between all the regulators etc incl Barristers

Comment

This is hilarious...

The firm I suggested could be subjecting me to unfavourable or less favourable treatment has just accidentally copied me into an e-mail whilst discussing my letter before action. They have essentially provided me a with a smoking gun.

Comment

Real shame I didn't get any wagers on this.

Comment

Well there you go, put a claim in against them.
                            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
                              Well there you go, put a claim in against them.
                              Thanks Rob. Yeah, that seems the only way forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Just as well they didn't take on my case - they seem an absolute disaster.

Comment

Is your original disability discrimination case something that could be done through the small claims court, or is your wish for an amount of compensation higher than the small claims court? The other thing I would ask is: have you gone through a mediation process yet? I'm just wondering if you can circumvent a need for a solicitor at all? In the scenarios I've mentioned, you can do that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X