• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye County Court Claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye County Court Claim form

Hello,
    I have read many similar posts on here but my case is a bit different. Hoping you could help??
    In May this year I was shopping at Aldi in Preston on a busy Saturday morning with my little daughter. Next Saturday my wife was shopping at same Aldi with our daughter. A month or so later we received first PCN and the next one arrived a week later. We followed out-of-date advice and ignored it :/
    After receiving further notices I asked for help at one of the solicitor's websites, sent them papers and 18pounds and have had no response, nobody answers the calls and website does not exist anymore so it must have been a scam..
    I did not appeal and now have received a claim form.
    I do not intend to pay them 245pounds for exceeding parking time limit by approx.8mins on first Saturday and 3mins on the following one. I'm gonna go to Aldi today and take photographs of the signage which I was unaware of. Also my wife who is rather unexperienced driver (she had a P plate on the front of the car, which is visible on PCN) was unaware of signage. On both Saturdays the car park was extremely busy as there are other stores in this retail park and 1hrs20mins with a small child is not that much especially that it sometimes take 10 mins to find a parking space? I don't realy have a strong argument as a defence like it was dark or there was no signage. We just exceeded our time and ignored the charge notices. Do you think we can try to defend it? I can pay them the amount that would reflect our parking time like 20pounds?? Do I need to acknowlege online saying that I will defend part of the claim and can pay 20 pounds or I will defend it all? Thank you for any help and apologise for such a long post......
    Lucas
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye County Court Claim form

Can you post up the claim form please (suitably sanitised).

Speak to the Aldi manager too.

M1

Comment

Hi,
      I sent an e-mail to Aldi Customer Service and they reply that there is nothing that they can do about it and that we can appeal. That was back in June.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think we should try again with Aldi manager. And should I file acknowledgement as full defence or part defence? Thank you so much for your answer M1
      Sylwia and Lukas
      Attached Files

Comment

Send acknowledgement stating defend in full and yes chin the manager.

M1

Comment

I will contact the manager tomorrow and have just acknowledged the service. Should I start building my defence? Are there any chances of winning? I have visited the car park today and took some photos of signage. There are quite many of them around the whole carpark:/ but I still wasn't aware and from the place where I was parked, I couldn't see it. However there is one on the wall approx. 5meters away from the entrance. I can post up the photos. Thank you ever so much for your help.
          Sylwia and Lukas

Comment

So far, from the information i have your best chance is Aldi as in court you'll struggle.

Signage is an issue if you can enter and park without seeing it ( that actually means an average person rather than an individual who may not as otherwise people would just not look!).

M1

Comment

Hi, I'm about to send an e-mail to Aldi again. Any suggestions? If this does't help should I just pay ? You wrote that I will struggle in court:/ Maybe I should've just admitted it and pay? So confused. Thanks for any help, I appreciate it,
              Lucas and Sylwia

Comment

Wast of time emailing. Talk to a manager and make your plight known on facebook and twitter (pics of claim form for added effect).

You can do better than £245 later if you wish to pay. Take the free shots at Aldi first though.

M1

Comment

Thanks for reply M1. If I acknowledged the service I still need to write my defence?? Did you mean adding photos on Aldi's Facebook and tweeter pages? Can I tell Aldi that I'm gonna do this if they don't do anything about it or this can be taken as a threat by them?

Comment

Just post them. They hate bad publicity and they may be ore open to help.

M1

Comment

After receiving further notices I asked for help at one of the solicitor's websites, sent them papers and 18pounds and have had no response, nobody answers the calls and website does not exist anymore so it must have been a scam..
                      do you have any more detail on which site this was? worth looking into and making sure it's been dealt with.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        do you have any more detail on which site this was? worth looking into and making sure it's been dealt with.
                        I have a sneaky suspicion it was a parking appeals site. http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...ced-today.html

Probably a paypal chargeback is in order but i was trying to deal with the main issue first.

M1

Comment

Ahhh that maybe makes more sense, I had just found this on parking cowboys about PPA , so thought it might be because of that ( as it was £18) but didn't make sense they weren't responding.
                          NOTICE: Private Parking Appeals Ltd are not currently accepting any enquiries in the wake of the Beavis Vs ParkingEye case at the Supreme Court.

If you currently have an open case with PPA Ltd, they will continue to deal with it. Please use the contact form to get in contact with PPA.
                          That article is certainly an eye opener.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ahhh that maybe makes more sense, I had just found this on parking cowboys about PPA , so thought it might be because of that ( as it was £18) but didn't make sense they weren't responding.

That article is certainly an eye opener.
                            Should clarify that the firm you mention appear to be unrelated to the article aside from the Prankster connection.

M1

Comment

It was Private Parking Appeals Ltd

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X