• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCS on behalf of ideal world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCS on behalf of ideal world

Morning all, just to make you aware I have been sent a threatening letter from CCCS claiming I owe money to ideal world home shopping channel. I have checked my bank statement and also contacted ideal world and have had a denial that I owe anything. They blocked my account as wife allegedly owes one payment from an item (we are looking into this) a few years back. I have asked them why they have blocked my account in order I can check my statement rather than purely go by what CCCS have alleged. £99) allegedly.

Just thought I'd post this in order to make you aware of falsely accusing someone of owing money when they don't. What letter should I draft to CCCS? I have asked ideal world to look into this and to inform CCCS of their error..
    Tags: None

Re: Ideal World/CCCS DCA

Who are CCCS exactly here?

CCCS used to be the acronym for Consumer Credit Counselling Service, a free debt charity, that now go under the name of StepChange instead.

There are a lot of actual debt collectors with similar acronyms/initial of their full names, so I suspect from context that you mean one of those?

A simple "prove I owe you/them anything, or else" (NOT a CCA) letter sounds most appropriate. There will be a link on here to an appropriate one, or I'm sure one can be suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
      Who are CCCS exactly here?

CCCS used to be the acronym for Consumer Credit Counselling Service, a free debt charity, that now go under the name of StepChange instead.

There are a lot of actual debt collectors with similar acronyms/initial of their full names, so I suspect from context that you mean one of those?

A simple "prove I owe you/them anything, or else" (NOT a CCA) letter sounds most appropriate. There will be a link on here to an appropriate one, or I'm sure one can be suggested.
      CCSC by any chance ( Thornton Heath, London).
      Known for chasing non existent mail order debts, e.g. where one buys on item but the supplier claims you signed up to buy a series of item, die cast models for instance.

nem

Comment

Quite possible.

beaconsman:

One version of a prove it letter based on the NDL template is this, but there are others and templates are only a starting point and may need to be adjusted to suit.

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to CREDITOR

I am familiar with the Consumer Credit sourcebook of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which states the following rules.

"A firm must not ignore or disregard a customer's claim that a debt has been settled or is disputed and must not continue to make demands for payment without providing clear justification and/or evidence as to why the customer's claim is not valid." 7.5.3

"A firm must suspend any steps it takes or its agent takes in the recovery of a debt from a customer where the customer disputes the debt on valid grounds or what may be valid grounds." 7.14.1

"Where a customer disputes a debt on valid grounds or what may be valid grounds, the firm must investigate the dispute and provide details of the debt to the customer in a timely manner." 7.14.3

"Where there is a dispute as to the identity of the borrower or hirer or as to the amount of the debt, it is for the firm (and not the customer) to establish, as the case may be, that the customer is the correct person in relation to the debt or that the amount is the correct amount owed under the agreement." 7.14.4

"A firm must provide a customer with information on the outcome of its investigations into a debt which the customer disputed on valid grounds." 7.14.5

"Where a customer disputes a debt and the firm seeking to recover the debt is not the lender or the owner, the firm must:
        (1) pass the information provided by the customer to the lender or the owner; or
        (2) if the firm has authority from the lender or owner to investigate a dispute, it must notify the lender or owner of the outcome of the investigation." 7.14.6

In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore, ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above accounts unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the FCA of your actions.

If appropriate I will also take this matter forward as a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service and Information Commissioner's Office.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Comment

CCS on behalf of ideal world

This morning had a letter dated 14th Nov demanding payment for £100 ish, if i dont respond within 3 days of receipt of said letter then they will "instigate" further action to recover the full amount..any advice appreciated.

Whilst I did buy something from Ideal world IN 2012, I am awaiting bank statement payments as I have switched banks since then to show payments made.

I do not believe I owe £100 ish as the item was paid for via direct debit as far I can recall.

Ideal world have blocked my account so cannot establish payment history. Is it the same procedures as in ..Prove it letter etc, I am awaiting a bank statement showing payments from the periods in 2012 when item was purchased to clarify payments.

Was going to call CCS but know thats a bad idea.

Comment

Re: CCS on behalf of ideal world

I'll send CCS letters..

Comment

Sorry just seen this. CCS, Thornton Heath is the DCA..

I'll fire it off tomorrow as they say I have 3 days from receipt of letter. 14th Nov its dated, received it Friday 19th..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X