• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dubai debt help, Coyle Devine White letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubai debt help, Coyle Devine White letter

HI there, I posted on a different page but didn't get a response so thought I'd try this one.

I have some debts from the UAE, long story but it's been five years now and any attempts over the years to solve them were refused so we gave up.

I've just received an email from CWD regarding one of the debts demanding payment within 21 days. Clearly I don't have this money available but am wondering how I should respond. I have always been willing to make small payments over time to clear the debt but this has always been refused. So should I continue to make this offer or am I bringing a whole heap of trouble down on my head (they don't have my address to my knowledge).

I've always wanted to solve this, but have grown weary with it over the years as at one stage I paid off one credit card but they refused to send me the paperwork to acknowledge it as I still had the remains of a car loan with them...I had paid them £3k with absolutely nothing to show for it...money literally down the drain.

Anyway, any advice appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Dubai debt help, Coyle Devine White letter

If they haven't got your address then I would be inclined to ignore their emails completely. Have you been communicating with them on that email address previously ?

When you made previous offers did you make those in writing and do you have evidence of those offers being made and refused. If they do take court action then you can show the court you have tried to resolve the issue on numerous occassions. Do you also have evidence of the £3k you previously paid them ?

If they do bring court action they will have to evidence the debts, and show the full statement of how the account is made up.

Limitations for UAE debts is I believe 15 years.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amythyst

All correspondance has always been via email so any offers by me were made this way. They've always insisted on the full amount within a couple of weeks (oh the irony, had they said yes immediately much of the debt would be paid off by now!).

As for the credit card I paid off, it was a different bank I was dealing with (there were a few debts unfortunately, we had had to leave in a hurry).

The debt in question is a credit card. I would like to solve this issue but have very little cash to spare at present and don't want to stir up a whole heap of hassle if I can't meet their demands.

Comment

Have you communicated with Coyle White Devine by email previously or just the original lenders ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

HI there

No I've never dealt with them at all - all correspondence has either been directly with the bank debt collection division or a Dubai based debt collector. I know from experience with the credit card I paid off that UK based debt collectors are better to deal with in that they will at least allow payments (and the guy I dealt with was very apologetic but could do nothing ultimately to solve the issue other than to suggest I pay off the car loan and hope they then would furnish me with the appropriate paperwork) but as you can see, I'm reluctant and suspicious because no matter how nice they are they can't control the madness of how things are done in the UAE.

Comment

Okay, in that case I would ignore their emails and wait for them to find you, then communicate with them only in writing ( by letter).
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Get all your evidence together in preparation for them locating your address, as it will probably happen at some point. If/when they do write then respond asking for copies of any documents and go from that point, They can't issue court papers to your email address so I think you are quite safe waiting for a proper letter rather than a phishing email.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X