• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell and EE.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell and EE.

So the other day is received a letter from EE stating they had sold my debt to Lowell. Included was a letter from Lowell too offering reduced payment etc. Is that a real EE letter?

I thought this was for a contract that I am currently paying, so in a flap i called Lowell.

They said it was for a debt from 2013 taken out in 2011.

What should I do now?
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell and EE.

Creditors often authorise debt purchasers such as Lowell to sent a Notice of Assignment
    on their behalf so yes the letter is " real ". Lowell now owns the debt.
    Best advice at present stay off the phone!

How much is claimed by Lowell? How did the debt arise, was the account closed early incurring
    a hefty cancellation fee?

nem

Comment

To be honest I don't even remember it.

Which sounds stupid but I genuinely can't. Can I send a prove it letter?

It sounds like it's a cancellation fee from the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Armadillomaster View Post
        To be honest I don't even remember it.

Which sounds stupid but I genuinely can't. Can I send a prove it letter?

It sounds like it's a cancellation fee from the letter.
        Yes send a prove it letter.
        Check your credit files ( Noddle is Free online) maybe some useful info there.

nem

Comment

I have the credit expert one and there is no default or indication of it on there which threw me a bit.

Will send a prove it. Thanks for your help!

Comment

I have the credit expert one and there is no default or indication of it on there which threw me a bit.

Will send a prove it. Thanks for your help!
            Maybe this debt is older than Lowell Claim or EE did not report the account on Experian/credit expert.

nem

Comment

Maybe so. Lowell on the blower told me that there is a default and it was placed in June 2014.

Comment

Maybe so. Lowell on the blower told me that there is a default and it was placed in June 2014.
                That should show on the credit file, take a look on Noddle.

nem

Comment

Will do, thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X