• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Britsh Gas - Warrant to fit gas meter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britsh Gas - Warrant to fit gas meter

British gas are harassing us with a warrant to fit an electric meter.

We have paid all our account unto date apart from money that we have in dispute.

We had a power surge which affected our bill, British Gas deny there was a problem and this amount is owing.

My husband is an engineer and knows his facts and strongly objects to paying for electric not used.

Western Power our distributer say it is BG problem.
    I need to know what order I need to take out on BG to stop this warrant in court.
    Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Britsh Gas - Warrant to fit gas meter

What is wrong with the meter you have? Why do they wish to change it?

Comment

British Gas are getting all their customers on an electric credit metre to upgrade to these smart metre

If you are claiming the metre is faulty they will have to remove it and send it away for a full diagnostic and put in a replacement anyway

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the meter.

We had a power surge that went through which increased our bill by £1,900.00 we know this surge caused a large amount of power going through our meter.

We won't pay for power not used.

We have paid all money due upto date except the disputed amount of £1,900.00

They are bullying us to pay and after our numerous phone calls, emails of complaints to many to mention they think that putting a pay meter will be the answer.

We have complained to the ombudsman who said we should be blunt with them to stop and that court action may stop this.

I need to know which form I need to submit to stop them obtaining this warrant to fit a pay meter.

We can pay this amount of £1,900.00 now but this is not the issue, we will fight our case until they listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Helen D View Post
          There is nothing wrong with the meter.

We had a power surge that went through which increased our bill by £1,900.00 we know this surge caused a large amount of power going through our meter.

We won't pay for power not used.

We have paid all money due upto date except the disputed amount of £1,900.00

They are bullying us to pay and after our numerous phone calls, emails of complaints to many to mention they think that putting a pay meter will be the answer.

We have complained to the ombudsman who said we should be blunt with them to stop and that court action may stop this.

I need to know which form I need to submit to stop them obtaining this warrant to fit a pay meter.

We can pay this amount of £1,900.00 now but this is not the issue, we will fight our case until they listen.
          Hi welcome to LB,

Are you dealing with BG's customer "dis" service telephone jockeys about this, they have no idea, and have no authority apart from the company script i.e. " the customer is always wrong"!!

Make a formal complaint straight to the top personally addressed to the CEO/MD.
          Don't ASK them to do anything DEMAND they fully investigate!!
          In a situation like this the press may well be interested.

nem

Comment

They are not going to take your word that the metre has incorrect figures due to a power surge without evidence

To do that they will have to have the metre removed and given a full diagnostic report

If this goes to court and you have failed to give them reasonable access to address your complaint then they will find in favour of British Gas by Default

With your refusal to allow British Gas access to the faulty metre to be tested shows you are being unreasonable

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X