• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi there. You've probably guessed already, I have a problem :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi there. You've probably guessed already, I have a problem

How does this sound as my defence?

1. The Defendant has not acknowledged the debt in writing in the last six (6) years.

2. The Defendant has not paid any part of this debt in the last six (6) years.

3. The Defendant has reminded the Claimant that the debt has become statute barred in accordance with THE LIMITATION ACT 1980 (SECTION 5). The Claimant was informed of this by letter dated 5th December 2015. This letter being confirmed by Royal Mail as delivered to the Claimants correspondence address 7th December 2015. The Claimant has failed to respond to this letter.

4. ACCORDINGLY THE Defendant seeks the Claimants claim to be dismissed by the court as the debt is a statute-barred under the Limitations Act 1980, Section 5.

I don't have enough time left for Restons to respond to a CPR and still enter and none compliance in my defence. (especially if they refuse to grant an extension). If I send one anyway can details be added to my defence if Restons don't back down as a result of entering the above?

Comment

Originally posted by Astro View Post
      How does this sound as my defence?

1. The Defendant has not acknowledged the debt in writing in the last six (6) years.

2. The Defendant has not paid any part of this debt in the last six (6) years.

3. The Defendant has reminded the Claimant that the debt has become statute barred in accordance with THE LIMITATION ACT 1980 (SECTION 5). The Claimant was informed of this by letter dated 5th December 2015. This letter being confirmed by Royal Mail as delivered to the Claimants correspondence address 7th December 2015. The Claimant has failed to respond to this letter.

4. ACCORDINGLY THE Defendant seeks the Claimants claim to be dismissed by the court as the debt is a statute-barred under the Limitations Act 1980, Section 5.

I don't have enough time left for Restons to respond to a CPR and still enter and none compliance in my defence. (especially if they refuse to grant an extension). If I send one anyway can details be added to my defence if Restons don't back down as a result of entering the above?
      Seen the post Astro I have to go out for a while so will look in when I get back.

nem

Comment

No problemo

Comment

Hi again. Did you manage to have a look at my defence statement?

Colin

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] Quick update...I received a letter from dlc today. It would appear they have completely ignored my CCA request and decided to send me a 'Notice of Sums in Arrears' along with an FCA information sheet.. I'm assuming their lack of action is due to the fact that they don't have anything else to provide
            Last edited by Astro; 21st December 2015, 14:51:PM.

Comment

@nemesis45 Quick update...I received a letter from dlc today. It would appear they have completely ignored my CCA request and decided to send me a 'Notice of Sums in Arrears' along with an FCA information sheet.. I'm assuming their lack of action is due to the fact that they don't have anything else to provide
              Hello Astro,

Inter departmental communications within companies in the debt collection murky pond are as near non existence as is possible.

I think you are spot on!!
              A notice of sums in arrears it not in my opinion appropriate at this stage.

nem

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] Am I okay to enter my defence now? I notice from Restons website they are closed for eight days over the Christmas period and I'd like to use this to my advantage
                Last edited by Astro; 21st December 2015, 21:01:PM.

Comment

@nemesis45 Am I okay to enter my defence now? I notice from Restons website they are closed for eight days over the Christmas period and I'd like to use this to my advantage
                  Yes certainly Astro.:santa2:nem

Comment

All done. That's my defence submitted, I suppose it's just a case of waiting now

Comment

How have Restons been responding to recently defended claims? Do they withdraw to save face, or do they simply not respond allowing the claim to be stayed and effectively go into limbo? just a quick side note, DLC are now in breach of CCA

Comment

How have Restons been responding to recently defended claims? Do they withdraw to save face, or do they simply not respond allowing the claim to be stayed and effectively go into limbo? just a quick side note, DLC are now in breach of CCA
                        Restons only act on the instructions of their client, each case is different.

The claimant has 28 days from receiving your defence to respond to it.
                        If they do not respond the court will stay the claim. You are not informed
                        when this happens, so at the end of the timescale if you have not been contacted
                        you will have to contact the court to check the status of the claim.

nem.:santa_wink:

Comment

thanks for the quick reply Nem. Will I be able to see if the claim is stayed on MCOL?

Comment

Written confirmation received today (dated 22/12/15) that my defence has been acknowledged and a copy served on the claimant. Now I wait

Comment

Hi all. I finally received a response from DLC today to my CCA request. As I thought, they don't have the documentation (as yet).
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi all. I finally received a response from DLC today to my CCA request. As I thought, they don't have the documentation (as yet).
                                Hello Astro, happy new year.

That's a standard template, DLC has used for sometime.
                                There's a pattern evolving from these BH accounts now
                                many are already statute barred or no agreement can be found.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X