• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi there. You've probably guessed already, I have a problem :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi there. You've probably guessed already, I have a problem

Letters dispatched this morning 'signed for' post. Wrote 'for CCA use ONLY' on the back of the postal order and took a pic of this before I sent it. Lets see what happens next...

Comment

Quick update. Nothing back from Restons or DLC yet but... I received some details back from Black Horse. To cut a long story short the last entries go like this

01/08/08 last DD payment received
      28/11/08 Sale Proceeds added
      17/12/08 collection activity charge added
      17/12/08 posted due date charge added
      17/12/08 late payment interest added
      17/12/08 adjusted legal liability figure created (final balance) of £3476.42
      12/20/10 written off

The figure DLC via Restons have issued the claim for is......£3476.42 which proves the debt hasn't been acknowledged by way of payment, and i'm not daft enoght to write to a DCA acknowledging liability. Time barred? I should think so

edit: Black Horse were also kind enough to confirm with me that the last time we had any kind of communication was 14th Nov 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Astro View Post
        Quick update. Nothing back from Restons or DLC yet but... I received some details back from Black Horse. To cut a long story short the last entries go like this

01/08/08 last DD payment received
        28/11/08 Sale Proceeds added
        17/12/08 collection activity charge added
        17/12/08 posted due date charge added
        17/12/08 late payment interest added
        17/12/08 adjusted legal liability figure created (final balance) of £3476.42
        12/20/10 written off

The figure DLC via Restons have issued the claim for is......£3476.42 which proves the debt hasn't been acknowledged by way of payment, and i'm not daft enoght to write to a DCA acknowledging liability. Time barred? I should think so

edit: Black Horse were also kind enough to confirm with me that the last time we had any kind of communication was 14th Nov 2008
        Hello Astro,
        That's it then well and truly stat barred, are you going to " invite " them to withdraw the claim?

nem

Comment

I sent them a letter by signed for post on the 5th doing exactly that, so hopefully i'll have a response soon. I was sure it was SB but worried about 'phantom' token payments, but the figures from Black Horse confirm that this hasn't happened (phew).

Comment

I sent them a letter by signed for post on the 5th doing exactly that, so hopefully i'll have a response soon. I was sure it was SB but worried about 'phantom' token payments, but the figures from Black Horse confirm that this hasn't happened (phew).
            Yes that's good news Astro, please let us know what happens.

nem

Comment

Nil response so far from either Restons or DLC to either request. Royal Mail tracking confirms both letters were signed for the morning after they were sent. Looks like they are hoping I neglect to enter a defence. Is there a standard format I should use? And do I mention the letters I've already sent? Thanks in advance

Comment

Nil response so far from either Restons or DLC to either request. Royal Mail tracking confirms both letters were signed for the morning after they were sent. Looks like they are hoping I neglect to enter a defence. Is there a standard format I should use? And do I mention the letters I've already sent? Thanks in advance
                Good morning Astro,
                If the 14 working days have elapsed with no response to the CCA request, it would be worth a quick call to the court to see if there is any development.

nem

Comment

Still not 14 working days unfortunately. There's no change at moneyclaim online yet, might speaking to someone be better than using the Web portal?

Comment

Still not 14 working days unfortunately. There's no change at moneyclaim online yet, might speaking to someone be better than using the Web portal?
                    Don't worry about non compliance with the CCA request if not complied with the debt is rendered unenforceable Until the agreement is found.
                    Don't chase it.

nem

Comment

I got a copy from black horse and it's pretty much illegible so I wish them luck with that. Is there any reason to delay entering my defence? I'm thinking that it may force them to withdraw the claim when they know they have no reasonable chance of success

Comment

I got a copy from black horse and it's pretty much illegible so I wish them luck with that. Is there any reason to delay entering my defence? I'm thinking that it may force them to withdraw the claim when they know they have no reasonable chance of success
                        An agreement supplied must be easily legible in all parts, other wise it does not comply.
                        Yes make a draft defence ( a look at other threads will help with content and format) post
                        it here and we can then go through it with you.

nem

Comment

Smashin', I'll start when I get in from work. Thanks for the speedy replies by the way

Comment

Smashin', I'll start when I get in from work. Thanks for the speedy replies by the way
                            Happy to help Astro!!:santa2: nem

Comment

Nearly forgot... I've not sent a CPR to Restons as yet. Is this worthwhile?

Comment

Nearly forgot... I've not sent a CPR to Restons as yet. Is this worthwhile?
                                Yes, non compliance can be mentioned in the defence.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X