• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Me V Debt Managers Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me V Debt Managers Ltd

I took out a car insurance policy with elephant.co.uk

The old banger then failed its MOT and i sorn'd it and parked it up in my garage.

I emailed elephant.co.uk to cancel the policy around 2 weeks after starting the policy.

They then hit me with a bill for 50% of the annual premium.

I disputed this as i believe i could cancel within 14 days at no extra cost.

I have received various debt collection letters RE this, last of which was received around july last year.

I thought i had heard the end of the matter when i informed them i had been within my rights to cancel, and refered them back to their client.

Well, it appears they have sold the debt on again, so i now have a new dca on my case.

I was about to just send of a similar letter to the previous dca, but, i am sick of this cropping up every now and again. I can do without it.

So, basicaly, i am looking for some advice, or ideas as to how to get these assholes off my case, bearing in mind it is not your usual cca case.

Cheers

PS i should say, 50% of the annual premium is a whopping £62 although they are now chasing me for £71.99. lol

Re: Me V Debt Managers Ltd

I disputed this as i believe i could cancel within 14 days at no extra cost.

have you the T&C's stating this and do the dates correctly scan ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

. . . .
      Last edited by stevokenevo; 8th April 2008, 17:13:PM. Reason: double post somehow

Comment

I dont have anything Ame unfortunately.

I paid a deposit by debit card which was the equivelant of 1 months cover.

i received the documents, but returned the certificate and disposed of the rest as useless not thinking i was going to encounter any problems.

The way i am thinking is i shall just go back to elephant.co.uk, voice my displeasure at the alleged debt being passed around, and see if i can get them to drop the matter?

If i send this dca the same letter as the last, im guessing they will refer it back to elephant, who will sit on it before reassigning it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X