• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fendys Hubby -v- Abbey MBNA Visa Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fendys Hubby -v- Abbey MBNA Visa Card

Hiya,

Account still active and running on this one. Charges come to £1091.50 but with contractual interest, total is £1706. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay. Hubbys balance on that one is £2600 so it will pay a very large chunk off the card and just have a small ish balance left to pay.

They complied very quickly with SAR. Send prelim, they responded with, they are looking into it and will give us reply no later than 1st July. As this date pretty much ties in with when the LBA expires, then Ive given them until 1st July to get back to me. LBA expires on 29th June, so no harm in giving them the extra couple of days they asked for. If not a favourable reply to my prelim and LBA, then off to court for that one too. Take no prisoners now is my philosophy. Be nice, be polite, ask nicely, do your stuff and if no joy, then do as you have said you will. Idle threats get nobody anywhere, so filing at court on 1st July if nothing in the post with a fair offer. Lol xxx

Gawd, soooooooooo loving this claiming. Tis peasy............ if not a tad bit stressful, and costly, speshly when theres so many claims on the go all at once, Lol Lol xxx
    Natwest Round 1 - Won £16,080 after 6 month battle :roll:
    Abbey Round 1 - Won £5,580 after 5 month battle :okay:
    Capital 1 Credit Card - Won £1230 in 2 months
    Capital 1 Cred Card for Hubby - Won £1560 in 2 months :kiss:
    Abbey MBNA Credit Card - Won £2210 in 3 months
    Halifax Credit Card - Won £1680 in 2 months

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
    Natwest round 2
    Abbey Round 2
    Yorkshire Bank round 1
    A further £6000 to come back from above 3 when I win.:roll:

Originally posted by Fendyweather View Post
    Gawd, soooooooooo loving this claiming.
    Great in't it? Won't have any reason to get out of bed when we've finished!
    Nat West 1 £9k settled AQ stage.
    Nat West 2 £126 settled LBA
    HSBC practice run £1330.00 settled on the Court doorstep....almost.

Comment

Lol Lol. Naughty Peed orf, Lol Lol xxx

Its not even the money really, although its nice, the biggest part of the whole thing for me is the absolute feeling of justice and fairness and whats right. Because in this life you very rarely get the opportunity to take justice back into your own hands. And this claiming is just one way of taking charge of your life back and hitting the banks/credit industry with a like for like form of treatment. I know were all just numbers to them, but it actually makes me feel like a real person again, being able to take them to court and make them dance through hoops. Its incredibly empowering. A fab feeling, that no chocolate or wine fix could ever replicate, Lol Lol Lol xxx

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
      Natwest round 2
      Abbey Round 2
      Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Hi Fend, Am also claiming against Abbey Card, they cannot produce my CCA and have already offered me £1700 ish, another £1500 and it's all over! MBNA are not an easy one, but hey! we're all getting used to that

Comment

Lol Lol. Yep fraid so. NVM, I will wait and see what they come back with. Theyve got till 1st July before I file at court, so will give them that and no longer. Oooooh interesting point though about CCA. I might write and ask the for a copy of mine (hubbys). See if that gets them on the run for caving in sooner rather than later, speshly if they cant produce it, Lol Lol xxx Best up luck standingup. Keep me posted. V.v.v.v. interested. xxxx

Now Gunning for
          Natwest round 2
          Abbey Round 2
          Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Its actually really confusing, this CCA lark! I am taking advice from the othr side on that one! They can't provide it, and have admitted as much, the account is around 10 years old, started with Abbey and became MBNA in about 2001 ish.... The letter from them as good as told me that the debt is still fair, valid and enforceable etc etc.. but people in the know tell me it isn't and I could walk away from it.... However my charges and CI add up to what I owe them, so I am taking things in that direction instead, and not mentioning to them that I know better about the lack of CCA..... when (and if,,,, NO NO WHEN!!) I suceed in winning my charges back, I am then gonna hassle MBNA to reclaim all interest ever paid to them (apparantly that is possible, seems incredible though doesn't it?)

I am told that I should leave the lack of CCA on the back burner for the minute, as if I have to take MBNA to court, they can actually use the lack of CCA in their defence..... against me!

Its a good job that there are better brains out there than mine!!! To be fair all I want is the debt with this ***ing company to go away, it has dragged me down for years.

You should try for the CCA though, only costs a quid and does make life interesting!!!

xxxxxx

Comment

Oooh I will, I will. The account is still active. Its hubby. It has a £3300 limit, and its always hovering around £3000 ish. The account is up to date with payments completely and has been for the last two years, its never been defaulted or closed or anything, but with the charges and contractual, it means I can reduce the balance to around £1400, which is more more manageable and easier to pay off then with my winnings from Natwest or Shabby, so either way, it will be cleared completely and the card cut up, FOR SURE. Hubbys not being let loose with a credit card again as long as I live. Hes worse than me, and Im pretty bad at spending, hence why I only have a 200 limit on my capital one card. Cause I knew I would spend it an more if I didnt limit myself. So likewise with Barclaycard they put a 2K limit on my card, but I said no no no no no, I only want 500 quid limit, cos Im not fit for cards. Probs not a good thing to say to the customer services peeps at Barclaycard, but they did stick to what I said and put a 500 limit on it. Best thing I ever did. Limit myself, Lol Lol xxx

Now Gunning for
              Natwest round 2
              Abbey Round 2
              Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Right peeps. Total charges on hubbys account is £1091.50 with contractual interest at 21.30% gives a total of £1791.60. They have had prelim, then LBA, and time ran out on that Monday 2nd July. I e mailed them to tell them 24 hours more then court. Take it or leave it. This morning we received letter basically saying the usual rubbish, dont admit liability blah blah blah but as goodwill gesture offering you £520 to be paid direct into the account as soon as possible.

I e mailed back, and put hard copy in post today saying, thanks but no thanks, want the full amount, but as goodwill gesture to you will knock off £100 plus £41.60 cos Im nice, making total of £1650.00 and no less. You have till Friday this week to get back to me with this offer or its court.

Now with reading up on various bits about contractual no longer being valid. Should I be filing at court then for the contractual interest or not. Very unsure of this. Have read many claims still ongoing with contractual and many saying NO DONT DO IT,, COS HIGH COURT PRECEDENT HAS BEEN SET.

Any ideas on whether when I file I can file for the contractual rate, i.e. the purchase interest rate which Ive x 12 then divided by 365 for daily rate etc. etc. on each charge. Ive had the spready checked by professional and had it confirmed the calculations are correct, but just not sure if going for the contractual is a good idea. Should I be backing out of this or not. HELP. ???

Really not sure what to do for the best on this one. But deffo filing Friday if they havent gotten back to me with offer of full whack but with goodwill deducted as explained above. Fendy xxx

Now Gunning for
                Natwest round 2
                Abbey Round 2
                Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Blummin eck that was quick. Well I have another success to report peepies. After my thoroughly convincing e mail to Abbey MBNA yesterday, they rang hubby this morning saying, yes they will settle at £1650 prior to me filing at court this Friday as promised, and the money will be paid directly into his account today, IN FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT OF THIS CLAIM.

But on the condition that

a) We tell him where we got his e mail address from.

Can you believe it..........??

Advice please, is it wise for me to broadcast this site, and how I found the e mail or not ?

What do ya think peeps. I wont tell him where I got it if you dont think its a good idea. I got it technically from this site, but actually got it from another member on here who also won last week.

Help, do I divulge that info or not. I would rather not if it puts Beagles at any kind of risk. I can still fight for the dosh and am happy to do so if you dont think its a good idea I tell him where I got it from, his e mail that is.

Fendy xxxx

Now Gunning for
                  Natwest round 2
                  Abbey Round 2
                  Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

I would just say that, it is confidential information.
                    As the banks dont disclose their inner workings, neither do you

Paul

Comment

Um, I wondered if the mods on here would want the sites existence disclosing or not. I didnt know whether that would be good for Beagles or bad. I was hoping a mod could advise. If they dont want me to say, then I wont.............. thats a promise. I can always lie and say a friend gave it to me, lol lol or some other crap. Lol xxx

Now Gunning for
                      Natwest round 2
                      Abbey Round 2
                      Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

You could tell them that a disgruntled MBNA employee told you

Is there anything on any of their websites that have email addresses and then you could say that you had his name, used whatever formula they have for email addresses and hoped that it hit the right person.

(I mean a lot of them are name.surname@financialinstitutuon.co.uk /.com)

It's not rocket science to work some of them out.

Comment

Just say you typed his name in to google and it brought up a thread on some consumer site, cant remember what it was called now though, and thats how you got it.
                          Or just say you spoke to on eo fhis colleagues and asked for his email as he wasnt availbale and had asked you to email over some dcouments.

Comment

Nah he just rung me................... told me they are paying the funds into hubby card account by end of day tomorrow. And am I happy with that. Too darn right I am. And I have to confess I told a huge big lie........... he wanted to know how I got his name. I told him I nicked it off a thread over the road, lol lol lol pmsl. I told him where to find it on the site over the road and he said he is going to check it out and see if theres anything he can do to have his name removed. He doesnt fancy being inundated with e mails he said, lol lol lol lol, psml,,,,,,,,,,, well he shouldnt have that job then should he, lol lol lol. So if anybody wants his name or e mail just drop me a line and I can let you have it, together with a copy of the e mail. Unless you want me to post it up on here to see if its any use to anybody else. I dont mind...........

Fendyxxx

Just waiting for Crapital Bum now. 28 days for defence runs out on 20th July. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, but we go away 16th. Would be nice if it came through before I went. Oh nvm, Im just being greedy now, lol lol lol. So were up to: £24,200 in 3 weeks. Not bad for less than a months work. Another 4K to follow from Crapital Bum shortly me hopes, Lol Lol Lol. xxxx Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. xxxx

Now Gunning for
                            Natwest round 2
                            Abbey Round 2
                            Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X