• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MKPD have sold a Barclaycard debt to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKPD have sold a Barclaycard debt to Hoist Portfolio

I would welcome any advice as I am not sure how to proceed!!!!!!
    In July 2014 I received a CCJ by Acceptance in favour of MKDP who had bought an old Barclaycard account. I realise now that I should have issued a CCA request to MKPD before the claim was ever made as I am almost certain that they will not have the required documentation, however when I received the Court papers I made an offer of monthly repayments to MKPD and this was accepted. I know that this sounds rather naive now but I did not realise that this would still lead to an actual CCJ being issued!!!!!
    Anyway, I have been paying regularly each month until this week I received a letter from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd saying that MKPD had now sold the account to them and that HPH2 ltd had appointed Robinson Way to manage the account on their behalf. In the same envelope was a letter from Robinson Way 'introducing' themselves and informing me that the payment arrangement had now been set up with themselves and I was to start paying from next month.
    As an almost P.S. to this letter they added that 'they were aware that previous legal activity had been taken on the account and that their client's solicitor would be applying to the Court to change the name of the Claimant to HPH2 Ltd and that the Court would write to me to confirm this once the process was complete'.
    To date,I have not received ANY notification from MKPD concerning the matter.
    Can they actually:
    a) Sell on an account that is the subject of a CCJ?
    b) Have the name of the Claimant just changed on the current CCJ?
    Do I contact MKPD for verification of all this and/or do I wait until I hear from the Court before making any further payment?
    I am so sorry this has been so long winded but I am really worried as to how to proceed!!
    Tags: None

Re: MKPD have sold a Barclaycard debt to Hoist Portfolio

Hi welcome to LB,

I'll try to answer your questions.

(a). Yes the debt can be sold with the CCJ in place.

(b). Yes the new owner of the debt can apply to change the name of the claimant to theirs.

You have been properly and correctly informed of the sale of the debt and the new owners
    intention to change the name of the claimant.

Robinson Way are now authorised by its parent company Hoist to
    manage and collect the payments, they will be in touch quite soon
    I suspect.

In my opinion there little chance of challenging the judgement after more than a year and your admission of liability
    by making and offer or payment and making payments.

The judgement supersedes the original agreement.

nem

Comment

Re: MKPD have sold a Barclaycard debt to Hoist Portfolio

Thank you so much for your quick response!!!!!
      I have just been told that Hoist Portfolio 2 Holdings Ltd have had their licence to engage in Debt Collection activities cancelled!!
      I am not sure how to check that information and, if it is correct, how should I proceed??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X