• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Social Workers Lied on Section 7 reports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Social Workers Lied on Section 7 reports

Judicial interpretation on the facts presented into evidence

Comment

If the Social worker lied why was this not challenged in court by the friends representative?

Comment

Yes, and if it is IRREFUTABLE evidence? Then why shouldn't it be presented to prevent a miscarriage of justice? I'm not just saying "he said this and she said that" I am saying, cast iron PROOF from THEIR OWN RECORDS (from Subject Access Requests) that they knew "X" BUT said "Y", i.e., it is indisputable that they LIED! and not only that, but that they OMITTED FUNDAMENTALLY IMPORTANT facts that didn't support their "story".

Comment

Or even legal counsel

Why did your friend not have legal representation at court ?

Comment

She did, but they were useless! Even though she had paid £15,000, the Judge ignored everything because of the social services report; he had already made up his mind that someone as bad as the SW had painter her, could not be trusted! Its amazing what you can achieve as a lying SW, as everyone BELIEVES you tell the truth!

- - - Updated - - -

You CLEARLY don't believe me!

Comment

No one is doubting what you say problem comes when it all has to be produced as evidence in any action The Judge makes a decision and as we all know in a Court the truth sometimes is not accepted.

Is there any other way forward for them to remedy this

Comment

It is not that i do not believe you

The court did not believe your friends statement on the evidence presented

Sometimes you just have to accept things are not going to change just because you wish them to, no matter how much it hurts

Comment

Wales01Man - the barrister tried, but their argument was rejected because the judge didn't want to listen; he had already decided the SW couldn't possibly lie; he therefore believed the report without question and rejected any argument from the barrister and made a judgement based SOLELY on the section 7 report; he made that clear in the judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by judgemental24 View Post
                    It is not that i do not believe you

The court did not believe your friends statement on the evidence presented

Sometimes you just have to accept things are not going to change just because you wish them to, no matter how much it hurts
                    So you are saying, the court got it wrong; they did not listen to the truth, they accepted lies, BELIEVING them because they SHOULDN'T lie, so that should stand? Wouldn't you try to see justice? I see justice as the SW being exposed and even imprisoned for LYING when they should be telling the truth! The job of a social worker is to collect and report on ALL the evidence and make recommendations ON the evidence. At least if the EVIDENCE (all of it) is included with their recommendations and without any lies, the court can make a JUST decision on the FACTS! THAT didn't happen in this case, because the judge BELIEVED the SW, who LIED and as a result of their lies would not even entertain LISTENING to her evidence!

Comment

You fail to mention it is the court that orders a section 7 to be compleated by social services. Why was the report requested by the court??

The report is conducted by an independent Social Worker not familiar with the case so is impartial on the report submitted to the court.

Such orders are asked for contact when parents divorce etc and how the child welfare will be accomodated by both parents and access rights. It comes under the Childrens Act 1989

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post

Is there any other way forward for them to remedy this
                        No, there isn't. The point is that the judge BELIEVED the SW, because obviously they shouldn't lie. And in the report, they claimed my friend was the liar, who they claimed is unstable and lacks boundaries and who is dysfunctional; all without providing evidence of these claims; but the point is that they don't have to provide evidence, their "opinion" is enough for a judge to believe BECAUSE they are supposed to be "experts" and are supposed to have assessed the facts; the fact that they could lie doesn't seem to cross their minds! The facts that would prove the opposite were deliberately omitted, as they did not fit their story. Any appeal would be pointless as long as the section 7 report was still accepted as evidence as any judge would just continue to ignore all other facts not presented by the SW.

Comment

I must disagree there, even though this is a civil action CPR still stands and the rules of evidence to be exchanged

Opinion is hearsay and speculative

Your legal counsel would have been given all evidence that was to be used in court to refute any allegatons made by social services prior to the court hearing

I am now out of here for good on this thread

Comment

You fail to mention it is the court that orders a section 7 to be compleated by social services. Why was the report requested by the court??

The report is conducted by an independent Social Worker not familiar with the case so is impartial on the report submitted to the court.

Such orders are asked for contact when parents divorce etc and how the child welfare will be accomodated by both parents and access rights. It comes under the Childrens Act 1989
                            OK. Well, the ex partner assaulted my friend. He admitted the assault and was given a police caution for "Assault and sexual touching". He already had convictions for shoplifting. He is a multi-millionaire, so this sort of thing doesn't bother him, obviously. However, he was trying to control her following the birth of their twins, who came between him and her; he obviously didn't really want them, he is 16 years her senior, but to him it was the only way to keep her. So, once the children started to take up her time he became jealous and he rebelled and ended up with the police caution. But he still wanted to control her, how to do this? In order to keep her on his lease he had to stop her from being independent (she is a GP on maternity leave and she had intended to stay off work until she felt comfortable to enlist outside help). However, she decided that following his attitude and the assault that she wanted to end the relationship and, when she made the application for a financial support for the children, he decided it would be cheaper for him to have the children himself and employ an au pair to care for them. So he staged and made false accusations against her for assault. Then the police called the social workers as they claimed there was domestic violence (everyone ignored the fact that HE had ALREADY received a police caution; maybe he paid everyone? Who knows; he could easily afford it!). So, she was charged. The social worker, who seemed besotted with the millionaire (because he IS very charming, not to mention VERY rich!), took his side and made the report seem like she had been convicted of domestic violence against him; no mention of HIS conviction! And then she used EVERYTHING my friend did or said in defence of her children to suggest that she was not child focussed; ignoring ALL of his similar actions! You just couldn't make it all up! So, to answer your question the ONLY reason the social services were involved was this allegation and when she was eventually acquitted unanimously by the jury in less than 10 minutes, they failed to change their report. The judge even said (because of the report) that the jury must have got it wrong!

Comment

I must disagree there, even though this is a civil action CPR still stands and the rules of evidence to be exchanged

Opinion is hearsay and speculative

Your legal counsel would have been given all evidence that was to be used in court to refute any allegations made by social services prior to the court hearing

I am now out of here for good on this thread
                              Yes, they even used hearsay against her! Hearsay that was not justified in any way and was not even mentioned until it showed up in the last of 5 section 7 reports which they produced, the 5th of which was received by her at 2pm on the day before the trial! You just don't seem to realise how much the section 7 report is accepted as truth, regardless. As you have nothing constructive to add, and you actually sound like you work for the social services, its probably best that you do stop commenting. I asked for help, which I have already got from other sources, so I don't need you to tell me I can't do what I stated I would do to help my friend. We will expose this social worker for the liar that she is and if possible will then use that to set aside the judgement. My friend is not at all afraid of an honest social worker assessing the situation and reporting facts, as long as any report INCLUDES ALL FACTS AND NO LIES. I don't know if you have children or not, especially very young children who really need to be with their mother and not some foreign au pair who hardly speaks any English, but if you did would YOU sit back and do nothing if a lying social worker took YOUR children away? I think not! I asked for advice and all you have done is try to persuade me that nothing can be done along the lines I suggested, even though an expert private prosecution lawyer has confirmed that it is not hopeless like you suggest! It makes you wonder who is taking part in these forums when you hear some of the responses! You are not the first person I have come across like this in legal forums. I suspect companies/organisations even employ people to try to mislead others; maybe you are one of them?!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW. "Evidence"? There WAS NO EVIDENCE, all just the social workers word! That's it!

Comment

Social workers are given too much power and in an attempt to prevent making a mistake they abuse the power, but unfortunately as they don't seem to be able to identify actual evidence or don't have the intelligence to work out the truth, instead of just reporting ALL the facts and letting the court decide, they make some arbitrary decision about who is the best parent and then fabricate the "facts" in their report to support that view point! No wonder Baby P happened! Things haven't changed, their assessments are still not based on facts and they NEVER provide any evidence on which they base their assessments! But, actually no evidence is apparently required, just their opinion!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X