• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ecashwindows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecashwindows

Received a default notice stating they were starting court action for x amount.

I originally defaulted on this loan back in January 2012 . The amount outstanding on my credit report is a lot higher then on the default notice. Which is weird?

Read on a number of threads there are several issues with this company, loan agreement, affordable lending checks, transfer of ownership from Epdl to Ecashwindows.

Does anybody have any advice on best way to proceed?
    Tags: None

Re: Ecashwindows

Received a default notice stating they were starting court action for x amount.
    Well they may be about to do this, or they may just be bluffing. Until you get a Claim Form from the Court (N1 form, coat of arms in blue at the top - if in any doubt phone the Court up and confirm if the Form you have received is genuine) you are still just in discussion with the creditor.

On the assumption that the loan you were given was unaffordable - ie there was little chance of you being able to repay it at the end date given your income and other expenditure - I suggest you put in a complaint to them about this. See http://debtcamel.co.uk/payday-loan-refunds/. Ask for the remaining balance on your account to be wiped out.

Don't worry about your credit report at this stage - sorting that out can come later.

Comment

On the assumption that the loan you were given was unaffordable - ie there was little chance of you being able to repay it at the end date given your income and other expenditure - I suggest you put in a complaint to them about this. See http://debtcamel.co.uk/payday-loan-refunds/. Ask for the remaining balance on your account to be wiped out.

Don't worry about your credit report at this stage - sorting that out can come later.
      If I sent a letter along these lines would it be classed as me acknowledging the debt? So start my 6 years over? Or is there a better way to word the email?

Comment

So you defaulted on the loan in 2012 and you've only just received a default notice ? That doesn't sound right. any chance you could photo/scan in what you received ? ( remove personal details) If you have gone 4 years without any contact at all it does seem a bit daft to get in touch with them now, it could just have been a fishing letter so yes best to see it. If you hadn't actually defaulted in 2012 and it had carried on attracting charges/rollovers etc it would explain why its a different amount on your credit file, but doesn't explain why they have just decided to default you now.

Otherwise I do completely agree with Debt Camel about affordability etc.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X