• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Black horse/Skye Loans transfer of secured loan- Lengthy phone call on how it works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black horse/Skye Loans transfer of secured loan- Lengthy phone call on how it works

After a lengthy call to Skye loans regarding the balance and how it became what it is today.

Black Horse when they offered payment breaks basically took the payment break as a missed payment, how?

What they done was allowed the payments to extend by one month for every break they allowed you BUT, they also applied the non payment tp the account as missed and charged you interest on it from the date of the payment break (missed payment) for the full term of the loan. So lets say you have a fixed term loan of 60 payments of £100 and after making 6 payments they give you a payment break then the £100 payment will be looked upon ( for repayment sake only, not as arrears in any way) as a missed payment and will incur interest over the full term of the loan, they DONT add this as arrears so you never know where that figure is going to end up!

Now, You have a fixed term loan of 60 months with black Horse which you expect will now last for 61 months, WRONG! it will last a lot longer.

When they sell your loan to Skye Loans they tell them that your outstanding balance you owe is liable for them to apply monthly interest towards it as this is what Black Horse told them, this is so wrong as when you take out your 60 month FIXED term loan with Black Horse that is for a repayment of the money you borrowed plus their interest/fees already added to the loan from day one, as an example see below.

£4500 loan over 60 months @ £100pm to repay a loan of £4,500 you initially borrow + £1,500 for interest and fees added = £6,000 total repayment. (60x£100)

lets say you paid 50x £100 = £5000 you would think that you have £1,000 left to pay right? WRONG

When Skye Loans take over your loan from Black Horse you owe £1,000 PLUS interest on that at 11.9% pa for the duration of the term of your loan, (approx an extra £10pm x 10 monthly payments left = £100 extra in payments to Skye Loans) BARING IN MIND THAT YOU HAVE NEVER MISSED A SINGLE PAYMENT OVER THE TERM OF YOUR LOAN OR EVEN BEEN LATE.

Now, it gets a bit more complicated if you have taken payment breaks while with Black Horse, heres how it goes. I will show how it goes with a real current situation with someone i know.

£10,000 loan over a period of 60 months @ £218pm = £10,000 + interest and fees added of £3,080 = £13,080 total repayment required. this is what happens when you take 2 payment breaks in month 6 and 7 of the 60 month term as they told you you can as your a good customer and you loan will just be extended by 2 more months.

After 5 months you have repaid £1,090 so your outstanding balance at that time would be would be £11,990.

When you get to month 8 payment you owe them £11,900 as above PLUS £436 of payment breaks which incur interest charges you dont expect which would continue to increase each month by adding interest to it and then each and every further month interest on top of the increased amount, effectively interest on top of interest for the remaining 52 months of the loan term, this can seriously add up over time trust me.

Now, just before Black Horse sell the loan to Skye Loans what they do is look at the amount of money you owe due to those 2 payment breaks and add on without telling you the amount of months to be added to your loan term. What they do is tell Skye Loans the repayments finish 5 months later that your term agreement (remember that 2 monts payment break? it becomes 5 months extra payments) and then ALSO tell Skye Loans that you are in arrears to the sum of the interest they charged against the payment break amount (£436) over however how long.

Now, as i mentioned in the first scenario. Skye Loans as they are told by Black Horse are able to continue with the loan agreement but charge interest on the outstanding balance you owe to them when infact Black Horse has already preloaded ALL INTEREST AND FEES PAYABLE AT THE START OF THE LOAN, effectively AGAIn paying interest on top of interest. WRONG.

As for a settlement figure if you want to pay off the loan early with Skye Loans, they require the full payment of the balance they took over fro
    Tags: None

Re: Black horse/Skye Loans transfer of secured loan- Lengthy phone call on how it wor

As for a settlement figure if you want to pay off the loan early with Skye Loans, they require the full payment of the balance they took over from Black Horse which effectively leaves absolutely no reduction in interest for paying off early as it will be the figure that includes the interest Black Horse applied, what you will get is Skye Loans will not charge any further interest that they were applying which they dont have any right to do in the first place anyway.

Not good is it.

Anyway, Skye Loans have agreed over a very lengthy call (Recorded) that they see that Black Horse has, in their words, Charged interest on the payment breaks, increased the monthly payments to cover the payment breaks, tooks 3 further extra monthly payments, extended the loan by a further 5 months which they shouldnt have done all on the back of 2 payment breaks taken during the loan term.

Effectively the end result of a £10,000 over 60 months @ £218pm with a repayment total of £13,080 will end up like.

£10,000 over 60 months at variable payments of £218 to £264 will have a final repayment of £15,300

A very important part of the call was to ask how long the loan had to go until paid in full, this is a very small bit of what i got.

Skye Loans: You have 9 months left @ £244 = £2,196

Me: I have a letter here dated last week saying the balance was £2,300 and you are applying approx £25pm in interest on outstanding balance, this doesnt add up so your 9 more payments you say i have to pay is wrong (bare in mind that the 60 monthly payments of £218 finish in 4 months time).

is there arrears of any kind whatsoever on the account?

Skye Loans: NO none atall

Me: Why does the loan finish 5 months later than the term contracted for, there is no arrears whatsoever on the account and the 9 payments you say are left isnt enough to clear the account of the sum you say i owe? When does it finish.

Skye Loans: I dont know when your loan will actually finish as the interest we charge each month reduces until paid in full.

Me: So i dont have a fixed term loan?

Skye Loans: yes its fixed term

Me: Give me the figure of how much interest you will be charging me from now until the loan finishes and i will work it out myself.

Skye Loans: i dont know the figure, i can only tell you that its a reducing interest each month on the outstanding balance to cover capital and interest on the loan.

Me: So you dont know when my loan finishes? You dont know how much interest you will be charging me until loan is paid in full? You agree that the 9 more payments i have left (you say i have to pay) wont be enough to pay off the current balance? The letter i have dated last week which included an arrears information sheet saying that i am receiving this letter because i am in arrears is WRONG and that i am not in arrears?

Skye Loans: .................................................. .................................................. ........................................s......... ..i..............l............e.............n..... .........c.......e yes your not in arrears.

Me: Then why am i receiving this letter?

Skye LOANS: .................................................. .................................................. ........................................s......... ..i..............l............e.............n..... .........c.......e

Enough is enough, i need to stop but i am sure you all get the just of my conversation.

SAR off to both Black Horse and Skye Loans

Raging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Black horse/Skye Loans transfer of secured loan- Lengthy phone call on how it wor

This is exactly what's happening with me. I have been back and forth like a bouncing ball between BH and Sky loans. Can i ask what was happened at the end did u manage to sort this?. My loan is due to end this year in november, Sky loans have said then i need to pay any outstanding amounts which seems like 2k but they can't explain how that has come to that amount. Im certainly not in arears!!

Can u help??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X