• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

santander not accepting signature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• santander not accepting signature

Hi. Not sure where to post this. My husband wrote to Santander weeks ago about PPI on a loan. Last week he received the refund offer and accepted it. He filled in the form, requested it goes in his account and signed the form.

They have replied saying signatures do not match.

They are correct, and I should have noticed but there is an explanation.
    2 Yeats ago he had it crushed and we have hospital documentation as evidence. Since then on occasion it flares up, becomes stiff and he has reduced mobility in it. Nit often though. The last three weeks it had been bad and not thinking he signed both the letter and acceptance as best he could. I didn't even think.about it and just posted them for him. Now a few weeks later, afterany pain killers and wearing a support hrs virtually back to normal. As his his signature.

But what can be done to convince santander that it is indeed him?

Send Hospiyal evidence of original injury and send copies of letter and acceptance form signed by.him with new signature stating why it was different. Any advice appreciated?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: santander not accepting signature

Ask them to send the forms out again by an email request to his home address.
    Say he will sign them again as he has now recorvered sensation in his hands

Request the documents be sent by email to sign as well if possible. That way you only have to print them off and sign with return by post

Comment

Another alternative may be if they are happy with him going into a branch with the paperwork and verification of ID?

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
        Another alternative may be if they are happy with him going into a branch with the paperwork and verification of ID?

That will speed things up no end

Comment

I did think about going into branch but his signature is now his normal one and matches all his id. But it will never look like these other two as he was really struggling at the time. So he ll never be able to match them

Sounds dodgy to them I suppose.

But its not, it is genuinely.him.

Comment

Take in his passport, driving licence , Inside leg measurement etc to your local branch and get them to forward the documentation

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X