• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

1st Credit - persistent vultures trying to claim an overdraft..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st Credit - persistent vultures trying to claim an overdraft..

They're on the sofa beside me.. Haunting me..! How far back should I scan?

Comment

Just the point where they offset the credit card.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Will pm them.. Thx for checking them out for me..

Comment

And you were a sole trader, not a ltd company - so the consumer credit act would apply to that card ( I am pretty sure).
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

email better than pm xx
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by wesd25 View Post
              I remember receiving a letter from HSBC that said they had paid of the credit card and transferred it to the bank account. I'm sure I spoke to someone about it to protest but the account was already unrecoverable at that time.. That's the thing, you keep fighting at the time until you realise you're fighting a loosing battle, especially after being run through the mill with my personal account.. The credit card (Commercial Card) was originally set up to be a charge card to be paid off each month, I guess they decided to change it back to that set up which would give them the chance to demand the whole lot in full..

I think this is looking like it will be difficult to argue, despite HSBC being unreasonable in the first place..
              I'm sorry to say I agree with you it's too late to make much difference now, and its seems like a "rats nest" of accounts and 1st Crud wont be interested now.

nem

Comment

Can you post up (or send me) the letter you had from 1st Crud pls ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

The one with that came with the statements?

Comment

Yes please xx
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Here it is.. Both the reply to my CCA and their reply enclosing the statements..

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, That's not very good quality.. I'll scan it again.. I think I saved it on a too low resolution..
                      Attached Files

Comment

Okay so don't 'we're taking you to court' just yet then .. good good.

We should reply to that letter though. Do you consider anything is owed? Probably the credit card balance to be fair. I think a cca for the credit card is in order ... they are right on the overdraft, it isn't subject to the cca part V.

( s'ok I have good eyesight)
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Well, assuming they have proven their claim in the first place (I guess this is where the CCA comes in), I wouldn't necessarily dispute the credit card balance. The charges that put the account into such a heavy unauthorised overdraft though are a different matter. So would you suggest pointing out to them that the balance consists of the two separate things and that I want to CCA the credit card side of it, whilst the charges are disputed.. Just to be a make life awkward for them..

Comment

Morning all..

I've only had a few hours sleep after a rough couple of days so my brain isn't quite switched on yet..

I've just drafted this short letter to 1st crud as a reply to their latest letter that I posted above.. I want to point out that the debt that they claim to have purchased isn't as clear cut as they think and that the account was in dispute. I've attempted to show them that the 'arrears' were the result of HSBC's charges and that the account was 'finished off' by the transfer of the credit card to the balance. If possible, I want to point out that it is bad practice for banks to do that to a customers account.. I've added a bit about the account being in overdraft when the ts & cs were changed but I don't know if I can get away with that..

I was going to end it with a CCA request (enclosing the correct document and fee) for the Commercial Card, despite it being transferred to the bank account..

I guess I'm trying to scare them into thinking that this might cause them a problem, it probably won't though but it's worth a try.

At the end of the day, I can't afford to pay anything, I am currently struggling to keep everything afloat as it is. I have a tax bill coming up that I haven't been able to save up for thanks to my van being out of action for 6 months, that's a priority debt and I wasn't going to pay the charges to HSBC in the first place, let alone to these parasites.

If it does come back at me and I have no option other than to pay them, I'll go to Citizens Advice and get them to write to them. I used them before at the beginning of all of this when I was trying to balance everything but they messed it all up so I'm a little reluctant to do anything with them again..

However, I first want to disprove their claim if possible..

Here's the letter.. what do you think?

Thanks.. Daniel

I refer to your letter dated...

The only thing that those statements prove is how HSBC put that account into serious arrears through over zealous charging and how they put the account into an unrecoverable state by transferring a Commercial Credit Card onto the balance after I was unable to keep the account at a positive balance due to their excessive charges.

That is how the arrears accrued, as you put it, and as a result, this account was in dispute.

Banks are not allowed to increase the debt load of a customer to the point where it affects their ability to operate an account.

This account could also be assessed under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 on the basis that this account was overdrawn during the month of June 2013 when HSBC notified me of changes to the Prices and Terms and Conditions of the account and was also overdrawn on the day when these came into effect. As a result, this could make HSBC's actions potentially unlawful and any action taken against the account unenforceable.

Something about adding a CCA request for the Commercial credit Card to end the letter, perhaps something along the lines that if they claim the benefits of the debt, they can also claim the liabilities of the debt too..

Yours sincerely,

Last edited by wesd25; 31st October 2015, 08:32:AM. Reason: too many return spaces.. and spellng!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X