• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

work vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work vehicle

I'm currently unemployed with several thousand pounds worth of debt, however I'm planning to purchase a van for the purpose of starting a business in the (very near) future. It’s my intention to make the necessary arrangements to (gradually) clear the debts as/when I’m financially able.

My questions is: Do bailiffs have a legal right to seize my vehicle? If yes, what are the various methods I can employ to ensure that my vehicle cannot legally be seized by bailiffs?
    Tags: None

Re: work vehicle

Do you have any CCJs or Liability Orders?

Comment

no, I don't have any of those, surprisingly

Comment

In that case nothing you have is at risk from bailiffs

Comment

You simply register and insure your vehicle in your works name and register the company at companies house as a LTD company.

That way you cannot hold bussiness assets liable for personal debts

You only need to do that if a CCJ is about to be issued as stated by Debt Camel

Comment

Originally posted by rrh2104 View Post
            no, I don't have any of those, surprisingly
            So why ask?
            The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

DCA's do have a tendancy to write to debtors saying they will send bailiffs etc and people who don't know how it works won't realise they can't do that without a court order.

Make sure your vehicle is registered as a work vehicle then if any of the DCA's did take court action, win a judgment and send it for enforcement through bailiffs, it is protected.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X