• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

virgin media contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virgin media contract

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place but I just need to get this off my chest,in early August 2015 Lee from VM rang and asked if I would like a Tivo box free for 3 months on a trial basis, I don't do a lot of tv so I said I would discuss with my wife and kids and could he ring back after the weekend this he did. the kids were all for it, my wife was the same as me give it a go its free and we can send it back any time within 3 months and not incure any costs, I reiterated my point that it was a free trial and this was confirmed by Lee at VM 3/4 times in a conversation lasting 20 mins. The engineer arrived and installed the box, I made a point of asking him, would it be him who came back for the box if we did not want it after our 3 month free trial and he replied that an engineer would probably pick it up, the first box was realy noisey clicking and wering all day and all night,so the same engineer delivered a new one which is just as bad,its driving me crazy it can be heard above the volume of the TV,so today I phoned VM to ask them to fetch the noisey tivo box as we dont like it only to be told we can't send it back as we have a twelve month contract, and low and behold when I checked the paperwork which we were sent there in black and white is 3 month discount,not 3 months free trial, I rang back to speak to a manager who in so many words agreed that Lee had probably lied about the free trial but he did get the sale and we did have 14 days to send it back after the paperwork arrived, which we did not do as we thought we had 3 months! I feel so stupid as I am normaly very careful, but as I had been told many times by Lee that it was a free trial I assumed 3 months discount was just there way of showing it on the paperwork. when our first bill after the tivo instalation arrived it showed a charge of £3 and when I queried this I was told it was a charge from the day I agreed the instalation to the begining of the month when the free trial started this should have set the alarm bells ringing but it din't as when I kept saying free trial I was never corrected by the VM agent he just gave me the £3 back and said sorry it was an oversight. thanks for reading

23/10/15 talking at work today and this has been done to a pals 70 year old mother as well
    Last edited by velofelo; 23rd October 2015, 17:23:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X