• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**STRUCK OUT** BC/lowell vs looneybear pls help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC/lowell vs looneybear pls help

Originally posted by looneybear View Post
    Hello @nemesis45
    Just to keep you updated, I delivered my witness statement to the courts and Lowells on time. To date I have received no paperwork requested (CPR CCA) , also no introduction to new solicitor, no contact from them whatsoever.
    I rang the county court on Thursday and they have not even received a witness statement from Lowells. (It was ordered to be in by 16th March)
    My court case is in 3 weeks, what happens now, will the court case go ahead ?
    Hello LB the two most likely outcomes 1, Lowell Discontinues the claim, end of story. 2. They fail to respond or file a WS and the court acts of its own volition and either strikes out the claim straight away, the is a slim chance BW/Lowell could seek relief from sanctions and ask to file a WS that's up to a judge to decide.

nem

Comment

Ok thank you for your help nem, and I will keep you updated

Comment

STRUCK OUT !!! Thank you so much for this wonderful website! You folks are amazing
        Thank you [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

I turned up at court today and the judge said that Lowells had sent them an urgent email yesterday seeking an adjournment. The court responded with "have you sought permission?" They hadn't , so adjournment was denied. The judge struck it out as they hadn't sent witness statement , hadn't provided any docs and hadn't bothered to turn up. He also put note on telling them not to bother seeking relief from sanctions /trying again! So put that up your pipeholes LOWlifes!

Once again thank you so so much xxx

Comment

well done - they have been well and truly turned over these Lowlifes *scrum! * Keeping language a little polite!

Comment

Originally posted by looneybear View Post
            STRUCK OUT !!! Thank you so much for this wonderful website! You folks are amazing
            Thank you @nemesis45

I turned up at court today and the judge said that Lowells had sent them an urgent email yesterday seeking an adjournment. The court responded with "have you sought permission?" They hadn't , so adjournment was denied. The judge struck it out as they hadn't sent witness statement , hadn't provided any docs and hadn't bothered to turn up. He also put note on telling them not to bother seeking relief from sanctions /trying again! So put that up your pipeholes LOWlifes!

Once again thank you so so much xxx
            That's excellent news!!! Well Done.
            Beginning to look like Lowlife solicitors are just as sloppy as Carter & Co were.

Good comment from the judge too.

nem

Comment

Great news well done [MENTION=72670]looneybear[/MENTION] & [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] - great work !
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Great news well done @looneybear & @nemesis45 - great work !
                This case is a clear example that in many cases the only way that such as Lowell succeed is when they are not challenged.

Thank goodness we have LB to show the way!

Comment

Re: **STRUCK OUT** BC/lowell vs looneybear pls help

I also won in court against Lowells. They didn’t supply any information/documentation as requested by the court a few months before, so on the day they didn’t turn up, no information/documentation as requested, so the judge struck it out.

Now I thought Lowells would have removed the entry from my credit file. Went and checked my credit file and being as slippery as they are they changed the last updated to the month before the court case!

Now this is where I need some help and so will other people who have won in court against them.

The entry was due to drop off in another 8 months but now as they have changed the last updated I believe it will be another 6 years before it drops off!

How do you get the entry removed from your credit file or amended?

Comment

Originally posted by big_al View Post
                    I also won in court against Lowells. They didn’t supply any information/documentation as requested by the court a few months before, so on the day they didn’t turn up, no information/documentation as requested, so the judge struck it out.

Now I thought Lowells would have removed the entry from my credit file. Went and checked my credit file and being as slippery as they are they changed the last updated to the month before the court case!

Now this is where I need some help and so will other people who have won in court against them.

The entry was due to drop off in another 8 months but now as they have changed the last updated I believe it will be another 6 years before it drops off!

How do you get the entry removed from your credit file or amended?
                    Good morning Big_Al,

This is a common mistake with claim struck out/discontinued or won, the debt was/is unenforceable in court but the debt did/does exist in fact it remains collectable by any means bar court action.

The Information Commissioners Office regulates the Credit Ref. Agencies expects/ requires the files to show a true picture of the conduct of an account entries such as yours will remain on file until the 6th anniversary of the default date when it will be removed.

The " default date " registered originally Cannot be changed, so I suspect the " last up dated" entry is just that and not a change of the default date.

nem

Comment

Hi Big_Al . My default date says 30/7/2010 on Noddle, so it should be gone by the end of next month, if I've got that right ? I will let you know

Looneybear

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X