• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Going round the houses!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Going round the houses!

Originally posted by Catchalot View Post
    Surely, it does not take six months to cancel and remove a Land Charge? Even allowing for a totally incompetent solicitor/conveyancer.

The property is showing signs of considerable water ingress, lack of care and basic maintenance by the vendors.

I think it is time to play 'hardball'. My patience is exhausted. I have a pretty good case against the vendors, the executor and probably their solicitor on the grounds of misrepresentation. Trouble is, I'll probably have to employ another solicitor!!

Any suggestions?
    As it is unregistered land, it will have been registered under Land Charges Act 1972. it is a very basic error for legal professional to not know the difference between registered land charges and unregistered land charges. How much was the value of the charge when it was put on?

Comment

Thank you Openlaw15. I'm stillhanging in there! The vendors are on their seventh solicitor!

The charge was with the now DWP for £3200 in 1984.

The DWP has no record of this. Hopefully their legal department will write it off. That was five weeks ago.

Watch this space.

Comment

hi [MENTION=70966]Catchalot[/MENTION]

How did you get on with this, was the charge removed. how did you go about getting it sorted ( something similar has come up for a friend ) .
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X