• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reston Solicitors CPR 31.14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Reston Solicitors CPR 31.14

I thought something must have changed as it still refers to OFT but didn't realise the whole of part 3 had been ditched completely.
    Attached Files
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ahh R0b's added it now.... yes, that.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

[MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] Any chance you have the legislation that replaces part 3 i.e. the need for a license and the penalty for unlicensed ?

It's so bits and pieces it's hard to piece together never mind apply to CF UK.

TIA

M1

Comment

I think it is just replaced with the FSMA regulated activities
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Have to be honest, I understand that the changes are actually in bits and pieces. Since the transfer from the OFT to FCA, OFT no longer exists and neither do licences, firms must now be authorised through the lengthy and time consuming applications set up by the FCA. The FCA has essentially repealed provisions from the CCA and inserted them into the FSMA or they will be somewhere under the Consumer Credit Rules (CONC).

The result of which has made it notoriously complex to fathom exactly where the provisions have been replaced and inserted without going through the FSMA and CONC line by line. I am guessing that your question of licence/penalties which is now referred to as authorisation will predominantly be held under the FSMA as that essentially states who can be authorised and the consequences of undertaking regulated activities without authorisation but there will probably be some provisions in the CONC.

Just as a note, the FCA as part of the transfer must undertake a review of the CCA and report back to HM treasury by 2019 as to whether they can implement the remaining provisions under the CCA and transfer them into the FSMA. So it is quite possible that in a near distant future that the CCA will be repealed fully.
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

The Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Consumer Credit) (Designated Activities) Order 2014 ?

Credit-related regulated activities for the purpose of section 23 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000

2. The following kinds of regulated activities are designated for the purposes of section 23(1B) of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (contravention of the general prohibition)(1)—

(a)an activity of the kind specified by article 39F(1) of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Regulated Activities) Order 2001 (debt-collecting)(2),

(b)an activity of the kind specified by article 60B of that Order (regulated credit agreements)(3),

except in so far as the activity relates to an agreement under which the obligation of the borrower is secured on land.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Well I just keep ending up at that bloody Funeral plan stuff in the FSMA ...

Possibly send that explanation from Restons to the FCA and ask them to explain ? ( you never know, they might )
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Well I just keep ending up at that bloody Funeral plan stuff in the FSMA ...

Possibly send that explanation from Restons to the FCA and ask them to explain ? ( you never know, they might )
                  Might answer or might understand it ?

M1

Comment

lol, interchangeable .... depends who you get.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Part II deals with authorisation and permission ss 19 - 30.

Other relevant sections regarding penalties and sanctions are s.56, s.63A and s.71
                      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X