• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ over a bust computer scam Advent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ over a bust computer scam Advent

Hi All, I'm a newbie.

Years ago, in 2008 I signed up to the delightful Advent on the promise that if could pass and earn a shedload of cash. I signed a contract with finance to Hitachi Capital for a MCDBA. |Then, in 2010, the company went bust.

Years went by, and I continued life ect, until Hitachi started pestering me for money.

I've left it till now, and now have a CCJ for the pleasure. I seem to have opened a can of worms after googling this and finding several people have won cases over the consumer credit act.

I'd love some further advice, I have contacted the solicitor who sent the ccj via a company who bought hitachi's debt. I have all my sign up documentation, and the emails confirming, even saying

Dear Liz

It is with the very greatest regret that I have to write to you to tell you that having tried our very best we have been unable to secure ongoing funding for the company and accordingly as matters currently stand we are unable to continue to provide your training.

Arrangements are being made for an insolvency practitioner to be appointed and I am sure you will be hearing from him. No doubt you will want to discuss the position with him or an adviser.

Yours sincerely

AdventComputerTraining
    So, with the agreements claiming I could sue the company (it appears advent and hitachi) signed, and a CCJ due to this, can anyone possibly give me further advice?

I have contacted the Financial Ombudsman who have now contacted hitachi. There is a risk that over 6 years this won't get picked up. Damn me for being depressed for so long
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ over a bust computer scam Advent

How long ago did you get the CCJ against you? If the CCJ is recent you could apply to have it setaside, if you failed to respond at all to the court paperwork, although you would need a defence with a reasonable prospect of success and a decent reason why you didn't receive the original paperwork from the court.

What is a MCDBA?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

CCJ has literally just landed on my doorstep. I admitted all the payment, then did research. I've asked the solicitor who has the claim to call me back. I've not started paying anything yet.

MCDBA- microsoft certified database administrator

Comment

Ahhh ok. Ta.

It is going to be an issue that you admitted the payment, it is incredibly difficult to withdraw an admission leading to a judgment. Did you write anything on the forms regarding an offer to pay or simply tick the admit all box?

When Advent wrote to you about the administration, did you get in contact with Hitachi at all, or the Administrators ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Nope, I took everything and to be honest ignored it.

Looks like im going to be paying it back.

Pants.

I ticked yes to admitting the debt.

I have documentation though, its it even worth talking about or should I just suck it up and pay 3k for a course I diddnt complete to fund insolvency ???

I found this:

http://adventscam.blogspot.co.uk/201...1_archive.html

Comment

Originally posted by lizmadhead View Post
            CCJ has literally just landed on my doorstep. I admitted all the payment, then did research. I've asked the solicitor who has the claim to call me back. I've not started paying anything yet.
            When you say you admitted all the payment, did you receive a claim form and then complete the admission form and return it to the court with a repayment offer? Or are you referring to a different kind of admission?

Many people don't seem to be aware that if they admit even part of a claim, a CCJ will swiftly follow without further ado, as the claimant can request judgment by admission. :incourt:

Comment

Yep, admitted all, with the current offer being £1, because it's that bad.

Comment

Always worth talking about.

You did the course for two years before they went into administration. How long was the loan for ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

The loan was for 36 months.

It says on the agreement "
                  the consumer credit act 1974 ....

2) if you received unsatisfactory goods or services paid for under this agreement you may have a right to sue the supplier, creditor or both
                  3) if the contract is not fulfilled, perhaps because the supplier has gone out of buisness, you may still be able to sue the creditor.

I'd really like to just not have a ccj.

I'm off to CAB tuesday. I have a job interview on mon.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X