• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

mortimer clarke/ cabot vanquis bank court form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mortimer clarke/ cabot vanquis bank court form

hi guys,

any advice would be appreciated, court claim received today issued on 2nd oct, what should I do?

my initial credit limit was £150 they are claiming £515, I highly doubt cabot have the CCa?

What to do?

Thanks

Craig
    Tags: None

Re: Please Help!! Cabot Financial/Mortimer Clarke/County Court Business Centre

Hi Guys

I have a similar problem and advice would be much appreciated.

kind Regards

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by craigioo2 View Post
      Hi Guys

kind Regards

Craig
      Hi welcome to LB,

Please start your own thread so you can get the most appropriate advice.

nem

Comment

thanks nem, have done so.

Thanks

Comment

thanks nem, have done so.

Thanks
          OK Craig I've asked some questions!

nem

Comment

Re: mortimer clarke/ cabot vanquis bank court form

Hi

You have to start by acknowledging service and say you intend to defend the whole claim. You should be able to do it online, see here for full instructions:http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...313#post499313

Below are your first steps upon receipt of a claim:

So, first steps (within 14 days of receiving the claim)

1: ACKNOWLEDGE THE CLAIM - you can do this online usually at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
            You'll need your claim reference and password from the front of the claim form - this will extend the time you have to respond to the claim to 28 days from when you received it

2: Send A CCA REQUEST to the CLAIMANT ( see here )
            This applies to all credit cards / loans / hire purchase / store cards type debt. It doesn't apply to Mobile Phones / Utilities or Overdrafts.

3: Send a CPR request to the CLAIMANT'S SOLICITORS ( see here )

This applies to everything unless they happen to have supplied you with a bunch of paperwork to back up their claim (v. unlikely)
            It would be useful if you could type up the particulars of the claim. :typing:

How long ago did you take out the card and when did you default?

Comment

Hi Guys

kind Regards

Craig
              Hi Craig
              Have replied to your other thread here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...646#post583646

Comment

any advice would be appreciated, court claim received today issued on 2nd oct, what should I do?

my initial credit limit was £150 they are claiming £515, I highly doubt cabot have the CCa?
                If the name of the claimant is Cabot Financial (UK) Limited, they don't even have a current consumer credit license: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...357#post583357 :grin:

Comment

hi guys

I am trying to send the form but I cant work out how

Kind Regards

Craig

Comment

hi guys

I am trying to send the form but I cant work out how

Kind Regards

Craig
                    Hi Craig

If you are referring to acknowledging service, you can do that online on the MCOL website, using the password printed on your claim form. You will find full instructions here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...313#post499313

If you are unable to log in (that happens sometimes) you can try ringing their helpdesk. hone: Failing that, you can also acknowledge by email but I'd give the online option a go first. :thumb:

Comment

Hi

I am referring to the claim form I tried to attached it on here so you could see the particulars.

someone had offered to lend me the whole amount to pay them, shall I pay or or fight tooth and nail with them?

kind Regards

Craig

Comment

Hi

I am referring to the claim form I tried to attached it on here so you could see the particulars.
                        Ah, in that case this thread may be of help: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...r-details-safe!) :nerd:
                        someone had offered to lend me the whole amount to pay them, shall I pay or or fight tooth and nail with them?
                        If it was me, I'd try the tooth and nail approach to start with, :fencing:only if it looks like they can get all the paperwork, etc. would I consider borrowing money to settle to avoid a CCJ. :hand:

Comment

Thank Flaming Parrot,

I think I will battle it out, after taking into consideration Cabot haven't got a CCL.

Kind Regards

Craig

Comment

Thank Flaming Parrot,

I think I will battle it out, after taking into consideration Cabot haven't got a CCL.
                            That's the spirit! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

...and on that note, take a look here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...736#post583736

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X