• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to help neighbour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to help neighbour

Update: I sent a message to the lad saying I was gonna work out how much he stole from my neighbor and would let him know how much he had to repay within 2 weeks or the police would get involved.
    he then rang me and denied stealing anything or buying anything with my neighbours card without my neighbor knowing. His mum then came on the phone saying much the same thing so ive spoken to my neighbor this morning and he doesn't remember anything like this but he is a very confused man who lives on his own since his wife died.
    They have agreed to set up a direct debit into my neighbours bank to repay the internet things he bought. I can't prove all the cashpoint transactions are the lad or my neighbor.
    Don't know what to do now are they just trying to get themselves out of it by saying he knew, they know how confused he can get.
    But he isn't helping himself because he still takes the lad to work in a morning sometimes even though I've told him not to.
    Last edited by rupert1977uk; 14th October 2015, 13:30:PM. Reason: It was wrong

Comment

Difficult situation they have admitted using the card but deny anything else problem now is does the neighbour want more or is he happy with what he has got coming back

Comment

You could also contact social services who will have a safeguarding role in cases of financial abuse.

But, you should not that if your belief that he is vulnerable (and being 64 and a widower does not itself make you vulnerable) combined with your view of his confusion, may well trigger a mental capacity assessment which in turn could lead to all sorts of decisions being taken on his behalf.

The safeguarding team should work in conjunction with the police.

Comment

I have to agree £20k+ is a major theft, what else has been going on one wonders.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X