• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DWP Recovery from Estate - Pension Credit overpayment - Please help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DWP Recovery from Estate - Pension Credit overpayment - Please help!!

Originally posted by judgemental24 View Post
    The Social Security (Overpayments and Recovery) Regulations 2013
    I don't think these are the regulations mentioned in the DWP guide, as they specify how recovery is made by deduction from ongoing benefits,
    not how to recover from a deceased's estate.

Comment

Correct the information relates to on going benefits only

Comment

Originally posted by sama90 View Post
        Thanks once again Des. According to the DWP, the only thing they say they have, is a note on their computer saying an application was made in 2005/6 via phone call. Needless to say I still have my doubts about this...
        It seems that if all they have is a note about a phone call, and no details about what that call contained, they probably can't collect because they have no way of proving that false information was given (deliberately or accidentally).
        This doesn't stop them trying tho'

Comment

For sure! We'll just have to see how it goes. As I said to them, I can't imagine my grandmother, picking up the phone to claim for something like this or even requesting an application pack.

Comment

Originally posted by sama90 View Post
            For sure! We'll just have to see how it goes. As I said to them, I can't imagine my grandmother, picking up the phone to claim for something like this or even requesting an application pack.
            i doubt they ever actually took phone claims. Any claim has to be signed either by the claimant or a person filling in the form for them. The more I read on this subject the murkier their actions become and the more I become convinced that this has been outsourced to someone paid on a results only basis. No one has been able to make a claim for any benefit for many years without providing a substantial amount of evidence to back up that claim and without that evidence being checked.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X